Ellen DeGeneres opens up about being sexually assaulted by her stepfather as a teenager

tacobell fan

During an appearance on David Letterman's Netflix talk show, DeGeneres talked about being sexually assaulted by her stepfather in an effort to encourage "other girls to not ever let someone do that."

D7q8ASzXkAI0rcO.jpg

We need more people to be speaking about this. It happens more often than you think, both here and in India. This leads to post traumatic stress disorder in a lot of kids and most often are not very open to talking about it. 

Just now, DrBeta said:

We need more people to be speaking about this. It happens more often than you think, both here and in India. This leads to post traumatic stress disorder in a lot of kids and most often are not very open to talking about it. 

when did I say "I think" it is not happening, Beta? 

5 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

During an appearance on David Letterman's Netflix talk show, DeGeneres talked about being sexually assaulted by her stepfather in an effort to encourage "other girls to not ever let someone do that."

D7q8ASzXkAI0rcO.jpg

Ok another #MeToo

1 minute ago, DesiPokiri said:

Sacchipoyadu ga.. enni ayina cheppuddhi

Just now, k2s said:

Ok another #MeToo

It takes a lot of courage to talk about this in the open...

Just now, DrBeta said:

It takes a lot of courage to talk about this in the open...

Some people just blame others to get some attention. nakendhuko idhi aa type ani anipistundhi.. 

Ilantivi us lo ekkuva. 

Some people just blame others to get some attention. nakendhuko idhi aa type ani anipistundhi.. 

Ilantivi us lo ekkuva. 

Husband chanipoyi inkoka marriage cheskunte veru but mogulla ni marche samajam lo intha kanna yem expect cheyyalem baa. Example Dump thatha own daughter meeda ne comments :giggle: US lo picha lite no one cares 

Ilantivi us lo ekkuva. 

Exactly why most people don't talk about it. If I tell people who know me that I was assaulted as a kid, some people think I am seeking to get attention, some people who are close to me get very worried. That is why most people don't talk about this. But unfortunately, there is no way to stop it if you don't create awareness...a lot of people that have very good name in the society, sometimes pose as being spiritual, do things to little kids that no one knows about. Who is going to believe the little kid over this powerful name? Why would I talk about it if I know there is no point? Ofcourse he probably assaulted other kids, and I cannot do anything about it.