Savings lekunda month to month paycheck batch ravali

Sucker

Just now, Amrita said:

I see. Emo psychologically 100k plus car for long drives naku bhayam gane undi. May be because i dont know much about cars. I cant even change the tire in case of flat tire. silent_I1

New cars don't have full spares, so beware.   Some cars come with a donut; but you can't drive more than 40mph on those tires (I experimented with this, and lost the donut on a bridge). Many other cars don't even come with a donut, just a sealant and compressor. 

I prefer vehicles with a full spare, as I don't want to spoil my mood looking for a tire shop right after a flat.

Usually, whenever you get a check engine light, make sure to fix that problem. Sometimes, check engine light comes up for silly issues like some oxygen sensor, and you can drive the car without fixing that issue for months; what happens, when another serious sensor goes off when you are in a remote place? That's why it is necessary to fix little issues; otherwise, they mask bigger problems. This also happened to me: at 9000 ft altitude, I stopped my car to enjoy the natural beauty (on Sonora Pass), and the car didn't start up hill. Found a redneck kid with his truck and chains, just turned around, had to steer that car downhill for 2 miles without any power in the steering. 

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I am taking it to servicing every year . Valle kada chudali. 100k miles appudu adedo package di cheyinchali ante adi kuda cheyincha. I am pretty regular in doing servicing . Brake pads 2017 lo marcha kuda mari adi different from brakes emo mari not sure.

brake pads every 40,000-50,000 miles ki anukunta maarchali. You should be regular with that.

Just now, Rushabhi said:

brake pads every 40,000-50,000 miles ki anukunta maarchali. You should be regular with that.

Anta avvaledu rushabhi not even 2 yrs and last yr i was working from home peddaga car kuda use cheyaledu.  Not sure mari. 

2 minutes ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

New cars don't have full spares, so beware.   Some cars come with a donut; but you can't drive more than 40mph on those tires (I experimented with this, and lost the donut on a bridge). Many other cars don't even come with a donut, just a sealant and compressor. 

I prefer vehicles with a full spare, as I don't want to spoil my mood looking for a tire shop right after a flat.

Usually, whenever you get a check engine light, make sure to fix that problem. Sometimes, check engine light comes up for silly issues like some oxygen sensor, and you can drive the car without fixing that issue for months; what happens, when another serious sensor goes off when you are in a remote place? That's why it is necessary to fix little issues; otherwise, they mask bigger problems. This also happened to me: at 9000 ft altitude, I stopped my car to enjoy the natural beauty (on Sonora Pass), and the car didn't start up hill. Found a redneck kid with his truck and chains, just turned around, had to steer that car downhill for 2 miles without any power in the steering. 

E terminology is like greek and latin to me. I will do some research. Thanks ! Good that you could find some help. 

2 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Anta avvaledu rushabhi not even 2 yrs and last yr i was working from home peddaga car kuda use cheyaledu.  Not sure mari. 

Its not easy to check back drum brakes, so most of time dealers or any mechanic will not look into it. You have to change when you hear squeaking sounds or based on milleage. But your oil leakage seems to be bcz of rust. do you live in cold area with lot of road salt ?

1 minute ago, krishna0125 said:

Its not easy to check back drum brakes, so most of time dealers or any mechanic will not look into it. You have to change when you hear squeaking sounds or based on milleage. But your oil leakage seems to be bcz of rust. do you live in cold area with lot of road salt ?

Yes i live in Utah.

10 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Yes rear brakes poyi edo arigipoyi capillary edo kuda poyindi ta. So car is not stopping suddenly. 4-5 times press cheste kasepu  like 5-10 sec taruvta break padutondi slowly. But brakes vestunte back side brakes povadam valla break fluid motham karipotondi. 2 hrs key its emptying. I kinda drove that way 600 miles. 200 without knowinf situation. 400 after knowing situation as couldnt find a hotel in zion for one more day and get it fixed and start. 2 hrs ki apukoni adi posukuntu ekkuva break cheyakunda accelerator minchi kalu tesesthu distance maintain chestu emergency lights esukoni reached home. It was hell of a trip anni ghat roads aey. *n$

Brakes on these cars are like brakes we see on Atlas cycles in India. Cycles use wire to control the pads. Here, Caliper holds two brake pads on the two sides of a brake disk, which is attached to a wheel. Instead of cycle wire, break lines with full of oil control the pistons located in the calipers. These pistons press and release as you use brakes.  

Usually, when people go for brake change, mechanics just replace the brake pads, and resurface the brake disk. As you put more miles on a car, these brake disks lose thickness, as ceramic brake pads are eating up the surface of the disks. 

People want cheap solutions; sometimes, they don't trust mechanics. So, they just clean the brake disks, put brake pads. That's why lots of shops can replace your breaks for $150 plus break pads. 

In your case, calipers might have seized up: in other words, pistons did not release or something like that, leading to further damage.

When I had my friend (a mechanic too) replace disks and breaks on my backup car, we got stuck with seized calipers. Instead of wasting time further, I went to O'Reilly and got a set of remanufactured calipers to finish the brake job. Since I hadn't changed brakes on this car for 45K or so, I ran into seized calipers during the replacement.

3 minutes ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

Brakes on these cars are like brakes we see on Atlas cycles in India. Cycles use wire to control the pads. Here, Caliper holds two brake pads on the two sides of a brake disk, which is attached to a wheel. Instead of cycle wire, break lines with full of oil control the pistons located in the calipers. These pistons press and release as you use brakes.  

Usually, when people go for brake change, mechanics just replace the brake pads, and resurface the brake disk. As you put more miles on a car, these brake disks lose thickness, as ceramic brake pads are eating up the surface of the disks. 

People want cheap solutions; sometimes, they don't trust mechanics. So, they just clean the brake disks, put brake pads. That's why lots of shops can replace your breaks for $150 plus break pads. 

In your case, calipers might have seized up: in other words, pistons did not release or something like that, leading to further damage.

When I had my friend (a mechanic too) replace disks and breaks on my backup car, we got stuck with seized calipers. Instead of wasting time further, I went to O'Reilly and got a set of remanufactured calipers to finish the brake job. Since I hadn't changed brakes on this car for 45K or so, I ran into seized calipers during the replacement.

Deniki permanent fix / temporary fix emanna unda? With the number of issues i want to sell the car in few months. Edi 800$ ki still cheyinchala? I need temp fix atleast now.  Thanks for the info. This is exactly the issue what he told but enta detailed ga cheppaledu. 

4 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Deniki permanent fix / temporary fix emanna unda? With the number of issues i want to sell the car in few months. Edi 800$ ki still cheyinchala? I need temp fix atleast now.  Thanks for the info. This is exactly the issue what he told but enta detailed ga cheppaledu. 

There is no temporary fix. You need to fix them to sell the car or use the car. Car maintenance is like h1b lottery, eveariki endhuku taguluthundho cheppalem.

There is no guarantee with 1000's of moving parts in car. I still had original callipers with 100k on my car. I change my own brakes or do moderate mechanical work by myself, If I can do it in apt parking.

3 minutes ago, krishna0125 said:

There is no temporary fix. You need to fix them to sell the car or use the car. Car maintenance is like h1b lottery, eveariki endhuku taguluthundho cheppalem.

There is no guarantee with 1000's of moving parts in car. I still had original callipers with 100k on my car. I change my own brakes or do moderate mechanical work by myself, If I can do it in apt parking.

I See ! Thanks ! 

51 minutes ago, Amrita said:

I am taking it to servicing every year . Valle kada chudali. I did all the above.  Breakpads in 2017 , tires and battery in 2018.  100k miles appudu adedo package di cheyinchali ante adi kuda cheyincha. I am pretty regular in doing servicing . Brake pads 2017 lo marcha kuda mari adi different from brakes emo mari not sure.

anavasaramaina karchu..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

Cars are fine with such distances. I drove a 7 years old Toyota from NYC to Cali, in 3 days, in 52 hours; on the second day, I drove 1200 miles from Chicago Suburbs till Rock Springs, WY.

We worry about cars with 200K mileage. Truck engines last 800K to 1M miles.

r u serious baa?

i never heard abt it.

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

100k on a car? Insane man. I would probably buy a home rather. Appreciate ayina avutundi. Evado chudadaniki nenu why paisal karchupettali? Lopala kuchunna naku na car digite kani kanipiyadu ga? Koncham manchi car konukunta which has pick up though. 

ni yenkamma, 100k petti evadu konamannadu 65k ki kotha bandi model -s 65D vosthunte,