Jury attend ayyara

MagaMaharaju

A nationwide scam claims you'll be arrested because you missed jury duty and you'll have to pay right away to escape it. You might think you can spot a gimmick a mile away, but a Tucson businesswoman fell for it last week.At the start of Denise Hausler's busy workday as a licensed professional counselor, she received a call that went to voicemail. The man identified her by name."Hello, Ms. Hausler, this is Sgt. Adam with the Pima County Sheriff's Department warrant and citation division," the caller said. "Ma'am I'm calling in regards of an ongoing civil matter, ma'am."Hausler called him back right away. The imposter told her there were two federal warrants out for her arrest. Hausler panicked, fearing she would be arrested at her office in front of her clients."And he said, 'We're going to send someone to arrest you unless you volunteer to come down to the sheriff's office off of Benson Highway,' which made sense because the sheriff's office is off of Benson Highway," she said.The caller told her if she drove down to the sheriff's department right away, she can post bond then appear before a judge who will probably give her the money back."I'm panicked, I'm crying, I'm literally thanking this man for helping me not be arrested and being able to go home and not be detained and apologizing," she said.And he told her she can't get off the phone with him or talk to anyone."'We're going to track you by phone until you get to this location because we don't want you to flee,' and I'm believing this," she said.Minutes later, the caller instructed her to first buy My Vanilla cards from Walmart — five of them — totaling $2,500 because the payment system was down at the sheriff's department and those specific cards are used for these types of cases.And she believed him. "I know, I know," she said. "In retrospect, I think, who am I? It doesn't even sound real. But when you're in it, he was so intimidating and so direct and telling me, 'We're going to come and detain you.' " She bought the cards. The scammer then told her to read all the card numbers to him to verify they're valid.She did, but at that point she became suspicious and asked a stranger to call the sheriff's department."And the man said, 'You're getting scammed. You need to get in there an undo your cards,' " she said.But it was too late. She could only recover less than a $1,000. Hausler wanted to share her story because the scam can be very believable.

2 minutes ago, Katravelli said:

Citizen kakapothe neeku jury duty raadu. But it depends usually 12 members untaru so majority etla decide ayithe atla untadi 

I am just curious to know anthe. Telusu nenu jury attend avvalenu ani

11 minutes ago, MagaMaharaju said:

Ikada evarina? How does that work?

okaru not guilty ani believe chesina verdict impact aithadha?

Yes, that's why jury members try to convince others. That's why both the prosecution and the defense don't want smart jury members; these smart members include those who have studied law, the science behind evidence, etc. This has to do with BARD (beyond a reasonable doubt); this is a legacy of Christianity, esp its concept of "moral certainty".

10 minutes ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

Yes, that's why jury members try to convince others. That's why both the prosecution and the defense don't want smart jury members; these smart members include those who have studied law, the science behind evidence, etc. This has to do with BARD (beyond a reasonable doubt); this is a legacy of Christianity, esp its concept of "moral certainty".

What if jury members are bribed?

1 minute ago, ammu_paalu said:

Just watch some telugu movies and improve a ferformance

Try chesina kuda aithaledhu na valla ee madhya

Just now, MagaMaharaju said:

What if jury members are bribed?

If a defendant is acquitted, he can't be retried: that's what double jeopardy is. If a couple of jury members think that the law is unfair (for instance, a member is against death penalty, but the law is okay with such a penalty), then jury is forced to acquit the defendant. This is what Jury nullification  is: Jury makes null the law in the question. 

If the defendant bribed a jury member, now  that defendant can be tried for another crime: jury tampering.

There is a thorny issue between jury tampering and double jeopardy. In some countries, the defendant can be tried for the same crime. In other countries, it is not allowed, since one can't go after motivations of individual jurors (say, individual morality, a pacifist, or a devout Christian who is against death penalty, etc). 

In old days, mafias influenced jurors not by money, etc, many end up being not guilty. Anyway, here is a case from a Quora's member:

I know of only one case in the history of the US that reversed a not guilty finding. That was in People vs. Harry Aleman, in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. Harry was a Chicago mob hitman. He had a murder case before Judge Thomas J. Maloney. (In 1991, Maloney was convicted and sentenced to 16 years in prison by the feds for taking bribes in murder cases.) Harry bribed Maloney with $10,000. Maloney found Harry not guilty. When all of this surfaced, Harry was re-indicted. His lawyers claimed double jeopardy. The courts ruled that since he bribed Maloney, and knew the outcome beforehand, he was never in jeopardy. Harry was re-tried and convicted of murder.

• Thanks 1