working women/house wives

AleAle

I used to think most of the women living in western world work and earn money for living.  I heard this from italian woman,colleague  of mine that jewish women are mostly house wives and they behave cheap but yet wealthiest one.Most of the women in europe are house wives unless their parents are working class , i was suprised hearing this, then we had long  conversation on this , she is around 45 still single has boyfreind , doesnt have plans to marry and she says it all because she is in america enjoying the freedom.

so my perception was wrong , jewish women and most of the women in the world are house wives except in usa

21 minutes ago, AleAle said:

I used to think most of the women living in western world work and earn money for living.  I heard this from italian woman,colleague  of mine that jewish women are mostly house wives and they behave cheap but yet wealthiest one.Most of the women in europe are house wives unless their parents are working class , i was suprised hearing this, then we had long  conversation on this , she is around 45 still single has boyfreind , doesnt have plans to marry and she says it all because she is in america enjoying the freedom.

so my perception was wrong , jewish women and most of the women in the world are house wives except in usa

Ok

24 minutes ago, AleAle said:

This drills back to early ages, when man used to hunt and get the food and female cooks and breeds children. But, there is a percentage of women and not most of the women are housewives.

25 minutes ago, AleAle said:

this thinking will change based on your experience later.

32 minutes ago, AleAle said:

Her experience was based on her Italian background. Though Italy was part of western world, the individualism in Italy is not on part with rest of far western cultures.  Feminism in Italy is also not on part with rest of the western world.

Women in USA started working after great depression during world war II, before that, women were in their traditional role as housewives. Feminism movement picked up its pace once the women started working and are self dependent. This shift in women working slowly caught up in rest of western world in various degrees. US being young and vibrant country with its rebellious attitude took this shift to the fullest. If you ask any US women from the generation before baby boomers, they would give you same response as your Italian colleague, since they didn't work. May be, this scenario could be different for young Italian women (Young Adults) compared to your colleague.