Discuss abt Roth IRA vs Traditional IRA vs 401k vs CD vs Mutual funds Investments

ramram58

7 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Roth - No Penalty for withdrawing your contribution Taxes only applicable on earnings

Yeah but India lo land konte guarantee peruguddi kada, ikkada stock market em avvuddo devudu erugu 

7 hours ago, Scada said:

ankul  nak telsindi telling..

So 401k is like PF in India.

Roth IRA ante - > you pay the taxes upfront for the amount going into 401k...so after retiremnet all amount you get from 401k is tax-free

Traditional ante -> you just invest the amount into 401k but after retirement what ever the amount you get in not tax free..you have to pay taxes..

I am doing Roth since opt lo less taxes and invest chese amount ki before maturity a tax kadtav..rough ga 401k ki YTD oka 10% untadi..so at the end nuv a extra oche profit amount ki tax katavu, and last ki oche amount tax-free

Tax benefits gurinchi no idea.

my company matches 5% and i contribute 6%...ante that 5% company  pay chestundo adi nak benefit a kadha..why to loose it..adi kakunda every year 10-12% increase itunai ..oka vela worst case lo back home ellipoina kuda..oka 20-30% cut chesi manaku 401k money istaru..a 30% cut ina kuda..nen 401k lo entha money ithe pettinano antha kante ekva worst case lo kuda ostadi..

Pro tip: Choose you own stocks in 401k by referring to Morning star report ..It pulled me from 7% to  ~10%

@Rushabhi  and other FT please throw some lighthouse 

ankul, entha mundhu soopu ooh neeku :5_2_108:

16 hours ago, Scada said:

ankul  nak telsindi telling..

So 401k is like PF in India.

Roth IRA ante - > you pay the taxes upfront for the amount going into 401k...so after retiremnet all amount you get from 401k is tax-free

Traditional ante -> you just invest the amount into 401k but after retirement what ever the amount you get in not tax free..you have to pay taxes..

I am doing Roth since opt lo less taxes and invest chese amount ki before maturity a tax kadtav..rough ga 401k ki YTD oka 10% untadi..so at the end nuv a extra oche profit amount ki tax katavu, and last ki oche net amount tax-free

Tax benefits gurinchi no idea.

my company matches 5% and i contribute 6%...ante that 5% company  pay chestundo adi nak benefit a kadha..why to loose it..adi kakunda every year 10-12% increase itunai ..oka vela worst case lo back home ellipoina kuda..oka 20-30% cut chesi manaku 401k money istaru..a 30% cut ina kuda..nen 401k lo entha money ithe pettinano antha kante ekva worst case lo kuda ostadi..

Pro tip: Choose you own stocks in 401k by referring to Morning star report ..It pulled me from 7% to  ~10%

@Rushabhi  and other FT please throw some lighthouse 

@Rushabhi.. aunty FT employee? Great Aunty?