Ragi (FINGER MILLET) Chocolate Cake!!

kumar4world

when you use sugar where is healthy part and guilt free part. 
you are better off cheating a day and enjoy the actual cake. 

I don't believe this healthy alternative crap, you cheat -- cheat that's it. later make it up by a good workout. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

when you use sugar where is healthy part and guilt free part. 
you are better off cheating a day and enjoy the actual cake

I don't believe this healthy alternative crap, you cheat -- cheat that's it. later make it up by a good workout. 

So true! I hate so called “healthier” versions. Never satisfy my soul, tastes disgusting and also adds unnecessary calories ugghh ( but I love millets due to their crunch so i like substituting whole grains in most of my recipes) 

there’s a myth abt so called healthier versions just like swapping brown rice to white, first of all both are carbs, brown rice is 190 cal a cup compared to white rice 130 cal 

6 minutes ago, Louboutin_shoe said:

So true! I hate so called “healthier” versions. Never satisfy my soul, tastes disgusting and also adds unnecessary calories ugghh ( but I love millets due to their crunch so i like substituting whole grains in most of my recipes

there’s a myth abt so called healthier versions just like swapping brown rice to white, first of all both are carbs, brown rice is 190 cal a cup compared to white rice 130 cal 

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, Louboutin_shoe said:

So true! I hate so called “healthier” versions. Never satisfy my soul, tastes disgusting and also adds unnecessary calories ugghh ( but I love millets due to their crunch so i like substituting whole grains in most of my recipes) 

Brown rice is very hard to digest..better off with white rice

5 minutes ago, ring_master said:

Brown rice is very hard to digest..better off with white rice

There are so many myths considering brown rice. Opt for quinoa instead of any rice 

I used to drink "raagi ambali" during my childhood. What an awesome drink it is! They used to marinate it overnight I think soaked in left over water from cooked rice which gives bitter taste to it. 

2 minutes ago, kumar4world said:

I used to drink "raagi ambali" during my childhood. What an awesome drink it is! They used to marinate it overnight I think soaked in left over water from cooked rice which gives bitter taste to it. 

Never tried it! Sounds like it is high in iron!! I saw some video some drink with raagi flour and some nuts 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Louboutin_shoe said:

Ok it’s 216 to be precise 

100 grams of brown rice has 111 Calories ani google thalli chebuthundi whereas white rice has 130 Calories anta. Ee 19 Calories tho emi saadhinchamanuko but that is not the point.

12 minutes ago, Louboutin_shoe said:

There are so many myths considering brown rice. Opt for quinoa instead of any rice 

Quinoa best...fiber ekkuva.....

Want to try raagi mudda as substitute for a while

8 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

100 grams of brown rice has 111 Calories ani google thalli chebuthundi whereas brown rice has 130 Calories anta. Ee 19 Calories tho emi saadhinchamanuko but that is not the point.

May be those are the grains that lost during cleaning 

1 minute ago, MagaMaharaju said:

May be those are the grains that lost during cleaning 

Don’t you grow rice in your fields or do you not do it anymore?

1 hour ago, Louboutin_shoe said:

Agree with ur brown rice white rice comparison. Br has more calories...but    Tbh brown rice tinte i feel full faster ..white rice u can eat a lot...probably due to high fibre content. Ante personal exp toh telling, nak white rice 2 cups tinna brown rice half cup tinte saripotundi ..

32 minutes ago, Louboutin_shoe said:

Ha quinoa better any day anko...Agree with this