Thank you, beneficiaries to KCR....

All_is_well

After free rice, one-time payment of Rs 1,500 brings relief to white card holders during lockdown 

By AuthorTelanganaToday  |  Published: 14th Apr 2020  9:19 pm
Thank you, beneficiaries to KCR

Hyderabad: At 12.20 pm on Tuesday, Mohammad Faheem, who works in a shop at Nakrekal in Nalgonda district, received an SMS stating that Rs 1,500 had been credited to his bank account. The relief that the message brought to the family of three knew no bounds.

“We have already availed 36 kg of free rice from the fair price shop and now this! Truly, the State government has shown its commitment to help the poor and the needy during these trying times unleashed on us by coronavirus,” Faheem told Telangana Today.

The reaction was the same from people across the State, as families holding white ration cards came to know that the one-time payment of Rs 1,500 promised by Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao to buy other essential commodities besides the free rice had been deposited in their bank accounts.

Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation deposited Rs 1,500 into the bank accounts of each of the 74.13 lakh families holding white ration cards amounting to a total Rs 1,112 crore on Tuesday.

“The decision to provide Rs 1,500 as relief to the poor affected by the lockdown is of great help for us. I am an autorickshaw driver and have had no work since the lockdown was imposed,“ says Khaleel Pasha from Mamillagudem in Khammam.

P Ramaraju, a mason from Wyra in the same district, chips in: “The move shows the humanitarian side of the State government. The amount helped me to meet the expenditure on other essential commodities.”

Rachakonda Badraiah, an agriculture labourer and resident of Gudiwada of Kethepally mandal in Nalgonda district, appreciated the financial assistance extended by the government to poor families. “I have already picked up the free rice and now I can buy other groceries like cooking oil,” he said, adding that his family can now easily tide over the crisis since cost of living is relatively lower in villages.

‘Immense help’

Munigala Chaitanya, a white ration card holder of Nallabelli village in Warangal Rural district, is in agreement when he says: “The Rs 1,500 credited to my account – thanks to Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao – will be of immense help to BPL families like mine during this lockdown period.”

Alala Sathemma, a native of Ammakkapalli in Ibrahimpatnam mandal of Jagitial district profusely thanked the Chief Minister for providing Rs 1,500 besides the 12 kg free rice. An agriculture labourer who was dependent on farm work to feed her family, Sathemma said she had been out of work since the lockdown was imposed three weeks ago, but the State government had come to her family’s rescue with the timely help.

A beaming Bolli Swamy of Tharupalli in Peddapalli district, who works as an autorickshaw driver, said he was very happy with the generosity of the State government. “I was without any work and this government assistance come in handy since we were at a cross-roads figuring out how to meet our requirements,” he said.

Sunkam Chandrakala, a daily wage earner from Nizamabad, was grateful to the Chief Minister for doling out Rs 1,500 to her family. “We can now look forward to buying some essential items and vegetables which we couldn’t afford after the lockdown was imposed,” she said.
Mekala Sailoo and Mada Raju, both white card holders in Nizamabad, expressed similar sentiments.

Pandirla Srinivas, a barber in Mancherial, said he was overwhelmed at getting to know that Rs 1,500 was deposited in his bank account. “In these testing times of coronavirus and subsequent lockdown, the amount will bring lot of relief to us since I was unable to make both ends meet till now,” he said.