Unemployment claim

dal123

5 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Answer this

Does yours or your wife's SSN has Required DHS authorization for work

if no.. then try applying ... your GC will be definitely REJECTED.

If YES.. then better stay away from that thought of getting govt handouts..... 

H4 workpermits ki dhs authorization Ani ssn meeda vuntundi

6 hours ago, Rendu said:

Conditional GC individual ki kuda dhs authorization for work vuntundi as for as I know.....

Only GC/us citizens ki  dhs authorization Ani ssn meeda vundadu .. adi ssn meeda nunchi teyinchadaniki GC tesukoni ssn office ki vellali

Nope.. undadu.. if they got their SSN after the conditional GC approval...their SSN will not have DHS authorization required....

daniki mundu if they got SSN coz of some work permits then they will have it and they have to get it removed from the local SSA office....

2 minutes ago, Rendu said:

H4 workpermits ki dhs authorization Ani ssn meeda vuntundi

NOT ELIGIBLE for GOVERNMENT BENEFITS ... 

ee case lo TS valla spouse might have informed their employer that she/he has EAD.. not H4EAD

Whether Your Underlying Status Allows You to Stay in the U.S. and Claim Benefits

For some non-citizens living in the U.S., the right to work is simply a side benefit of another status.

For example, the spouse of a U.S. citizen who has applied for adjustment of status and is awaiting green-card approval has a right to work in the U.S. (after applying to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or USCIS for an employment authorization document). If that person loses a job, staying in the U.S. and receiving unemployment benefits remains a possibility.

Similarly, the spouse of an H-1B visa holder is in H-4 status in the U.S., which currently allows work authorization (again, after applying for a permit). As long as the H-1B visa holder keeps his or her job and stays in lawful immigration status, the H-4 visa holder can remain in the U.S. after losing a job, and might rightfully receive unemployment benefits.

However, many non-citizens are in the U.S. with visas that depend directly on a job. H-1B visas are an example. For no fault of their own in this tough time for businesses, their petitioning employer could close down or start layoffs. A nonimmigrant visa holder who no longer works for the petitioning employer is also no longer in lawful status, and must either leave the United States or act quickly to find another employer or status. (For more, see Just Got Laid Off From H-1B Job—Do I Have Any Grace Period or Can I Get Another Visa to Jobhunt?.)

If You Claim Unemployment Benefits, Are You a Likely Public Charge?

For some, but not all non-citizens who wish to apply for some future visa or status in the U.S., in particular for lawful permanent residence, the hurdles to be cleared include proving that one is not inadmissible as a likely "public charge."

In plainer English, that means showing that your finances aren't in a precarious enough condition that you might end up receiving "welfare" or government assistance.

Fortunately, unemployment insurance is not among the government's list of benefit types that make someone a likely potential public charge. (See Which Public Benefit Programs Can Make Immigrant Inadmissible.)

If you end up needing more types of assistance than unemployment insurance coverage, however, the issue could get more complex. USCIS has, fortunately, stated that people with symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) should "seek necessary medical treatment or preventive services" and that this "will not negatively affect" an eventual public charge analysis. But its statement doesn't cover more than medical treatment.

If you do end up relying on additional government benefits, then when the time comes to apply for a future visa or green card, you would be wise to attach a letter of explanation to your application detailing how the COVID-19 pandemic affected your ability to work or conduct your usual activities and why you had to seek this form of assistance.

1 hour ago, dal123 said:

Control your self dude. I just asked some question in the public forum. If you dont want to answer thats ok. Dont get into extra things. 

I didn't go extra. I asked you to apply. I'm happy of the benefit out of it. 

2 hours ago, dal123 said:

I have decided to go with that. 15 years nundi ee uscis ki bhaya padi sagam jeevitham ayyipoyindi. Vaadu green card ichchindi ledhu sachindi ledhu. Sagam jeevitham ayyipoyindhi veedi extensions / rfe la thoane....H1b are only have 2 months grace period and they cant access any unemployment benefits but employment cards dont have any restrictions to apply unemployment benefits.

Gud decision...gc elagu radhu pichalite

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dal123 said:

I have decided to go with that. 15 years nundi ee uscis ki bhaya padi sagam jeevitham ayyipoyindi. Vaadu green card ichchindi ledhu sachindi ledhu. Sagam jeevitham ayyipoyindhi veedi extensions / rfe la thoane....H1b are only have 2 months grace period and they cant access any unemployment benefits but employment cards dont have any restrictions to apply unemployment benefits.

3 weeks of pay at what cost ? 

4 hours ago, quickgun_murugun said:

NOT ELIGIBLE for GOVERNMENT BENEFITS ... 

ee case lo TS valla spouse might have informed their employer that she/he has EAD.. not H4EAD

Unemployment Govt benefit kadu

1 hour ago, tokkalogola said:

Unemployment Govt benefit kadu

Unemployment insurance is a joint state-federal program that provides cash benefits to eligible workers.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/unemployment-insurance

Am I Eligible?

Each state sets its own unemployment insurance benefits eligibility guidelines, but you usually qualify if you:

• Are unemployed through no fault of your own. In most states, this means you have to have separated from your last job due to a lack of available work.
  • Meet work and wage requirements. You must meet your state’s requirements for wages earned or time worked during an established period of time referred to as a "base period." (In most states, this is usually the first four out of the last five completed calendar quarters before the time that your claim is filed.)
  • Meet any additional state requirements. Find details of your own state’s program.

How Do I Apply?

To receive unemployment insurance benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment insurance program in the state where you worked. Depending on the state, claims may be filed in person, by telephone, or online.

• You should contact your state's unemployment insurance program as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
  • Generally, you should file your claim with the state where you worked. If you worked in a state other than the one where you now live or if you worked in multiple states, the state unemployment insurance agency where you now live can provide information about how to file your claim with other states.
  • When you file a claim, you will be asked for certain information, such as addresses and dates of your former employment. To make sure your claim is not delayed, be sure to give complete and correct information.
  • It generally takes two to three weeks after you file your claim to receive your first benefit check.