Points-based UK immigration bill passes initial Commons stage

Sucker

The government’s controversial immigration bill was voted through the House of Commons on Monday night amid Labour claims that it will alienate many key workers who have risked their lives during the coronavirus pandemic.

With a Tory majority of 80, it passed easily by 351 votes to 252, a majority of 99, and will now go on to further parliamentary scrutiny.

If it eventually receives royal assent it will repeal EU freedom of movement in line with promises made by Boris Johnson during the 2016 referendum, and also introduce a new framework, which has yet to be detailed exactly, setting out who can come to Britain in the future.

Some senior Tories have expressed concern that rushing through changes before 31 December could cause chaos, amid claims that Covid-19 has changed public attitudes towards those considered “unskilled”.

4 minutes ago, Sucker said:

UK immigration no idea baa. News vesa anthe. Calling UK experts. 

US points based bill pedthadu thatha idi copy chesi 

24 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

US points based bill pedthadu thatha idi copy chesi 

mundu house and senate lo majority undali kada...even then there is no guarantee

2 minutes ago, odhu_le_macha said:

thatha kuda start chestha anndu..apptlo points kuda decide chesadu emaindi

Dems will not agree to that

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sreeven said:

antha interest deniki..genuine question

Most of my extended family lives in UK...i went to summer school and attended university in England..and even now I keep vising quite often...and I found life to be much simplified and ease unlike complicated in US.