Robinhood, Amazon, Apple

InSearch

32 minutes ago, Spartan said:

@InSearch  dont regret on lost oppurtunity is the thumb rule...anywhere...

Single earning and family antunnav kabatti...dont look for high end stocks like Amazon , 401k lo ne fund management vallu intunr invest chesedi vatillone...

if u can spare 5% of ur after tax money and want to invest....

suggestion is to do systematic incermental investment for long term and forget about it...

so choose a investor app something like charles schwab robo investor etc, contribute 500$ everymonth ...

let it invest u dont check the output every month....just keep putting and forget..

after 10years..u will see ample amount of returns there......

ila Amazon last year konalsindi..Apple ammakunda undalsindi...lanti thoughts manukovadam better....

I like that part the most. :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spartan said:

@InSearch  dont regret on lost oppurtunity is the thumb rule...anywhere...

Single earning and family antunnav kabatti...dont look for high end stocks like Amazon , 401k lo ne fund management vallu intunr invest chesedi vatillone...

if u can spare 5% of ur after tax money and want to invest....

suggestion is to do systematic incermental investment for long term and forget about it...

so choose a investor app something like charles schwab robo investor etc, contribute 500$ everymonth ...

let it invest u dont check the output every month....just keep putting and forget..

after 10years..u will see ample amount of returns there......

ila Amazon last year konalsindi..Apple ammakunda undalsindi...lanti thoughts manukovadam better....

32 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Amzn, aapl, goog, fb, msft stocks safe side. 3 yrs antunav kanuka atleast 50% peruguthayi. Or even more..

recession vasthey change avochu.

i always support contributing to 401k

24 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

isn't safe the best? S&P index has all the stocks you stated...90% of the hedge funds fail to beat the S&P over long run.

andariki thanks..

@Spartan thanks for educating and providing advise in detail

@Spartan bhayya.. naa effective FED tax rate is 6.1% and state is 5.5%; so in total, I pay less than 12% taxes. 

I also plan to settle down in India in a year or two and want to withdraw money from 401k (I am aware of the fact that I need to pay 10% penalty and since I wouldn't have any income in say 2022, 2023 in USA, I plan to withdraw say 20k in 2022 and 20k 2023 so that I could avoid paying taxes on it). Please confirm if my assumptions are reasonable?

So is it still worth contributing to 401k given that I only save 12% on taxes and that I would need to pay 10% penalty in the near future?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, InSearch said:

@Spartan bhayya.. naa effective FED tax rate is 6.1% and state is 5.5%; so in total, I pay less than 12% taxes. 

I also plan to settle down in India in a year or two and want to withdraw money from 401k (I am aware of the fact that I need to pay 10% penalty and since I wouldn't have any income in say 2022, 2023 in USA, I plan to withdraw say 20k in 2022 and 20k 2023 so that I could avoid paying taxes on it). Please confirm if my assumptions are reasonable?

So is it still worth contributing to 401k given that I only save 12% on taxes and that I would need to pay 10% penalty in the near future?

What About ur employer contribution to 401k?

23 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

What About ur employer contribution to 401k?

Employer only matches 3% and I will continue to contribute 3% but I was thinking about contributing more than 3% voluntarily 

2 hours ago, InSearch said:

u pay tax for 20K and 10% penalty

1 hour ago, InSearch said:

Employer only matches 3% and I will continue to contribute 3% but I was thinking about contributing more than 3% voluntarily 

So 10% fine padina nee employer contribute chesthunnadu kanuka its still positive.

22 hours ago, Vaampire said:

Amzn, aapl, goog, fb, msft stocks safe side. 3 yrs antunav kanuka atleast 50% peruguthayi. Or even more..

recession vasthey change avochu.

i always support contributing to 401k

Inthakante recession aa? 
stock market is highly manipulated... better to enter after elections  

24 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Inthakante recession aa? 
stock market is highly manipulated... better to enter after elections  

Elections varaku leputhuney untaru anukuna.

elon musk tsla 880 unnapudey overpriced ani tweet pettadu. Ippudu 1400,.. no logics

On 7/5/2020 at 11:22 PM, InSearch said:

2-3 years back yevaro friend chepthe robinhood lo sign up chesi oka $800 vesaa... yevevo stocks koni, ammi final ga $1150 petti amazon stock konna..

konnalla tarwata dabbbulu acasaram undi amazon ammesaa at $1300.

Ippudu after 2 years, amazon stock price chooste 3600 undi.. shock ayina.. unchunte profit vastunde kada ani..

aa process lo costco, apple stocks kooda ammina, anni ippudu choosthe masth profits kanipistunnay nenu ammina price tho poliste

ippdatike meeku artham ayyintundi nenem expert ni kaadu ee field lo ani ... 

1) naa lanti yemi teliyani vaadu oka $10000 ni Amazon, Costco, Apple, Walmart ilaantivaati lo distribute chesi oka 3 years vadileyyatam good choice?

2) ledante noru moosukuni 401K contribution penchukovatam better aa? (right now my fidelity account earning 7% growth annually)

Disclaimer:

Single salary, not much savings, pay check to paycheck living, 401k only started 3 years ago after joining FT, yedaina market crash ayyi oka $10000 loss ante tattukogalanu, anthakuminchi ante kastame

Salahaalu, soochanalu ivvagalaru.. critics also welcome..

stocks are always short term.. and risky

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Spartan said:

yes. tax for 20K.

I called Fidelity and they said I can only take my voluntary contributions but not employer funded retirement:(

• 1 month later...