Battery light on, smoke under hood

bostonbro

ninna night car battery red light dashboard lo vachi, migitha lights like seatbelt, airbag, VSA....anni lights blink ayyi , hood nunchi smoke vachindi an sudden ga road meeda agipoindhi car....steering no rotation, gear locked( not going neutral)

Towed to home.

I suspect alternator and belt may be the issue and battery may be drained.

wht might be the cause? mechanic repu vastunadu

battery dead ayithe only starting issue anthe kani oka sari start ayithe no issue . 

if you get smoke from hood might be cooling or oil issues . 

engine oil/transmission oil/coolant    levels correct ga unnaya ??

6 hours ago, bostonbro said:

ninna night car battery red light dashboard lo vachi, migitha lights like seatbelt, airbag, VSA....anni lights blink ayyi , hood nunchi smoke vachindi an sudden ga road meeda agipoindhi car....steering no rotation, gear locked( not going neutral)

Towed to home.

I suspect alternator and belt may be the issue and battery may be drained.

wht might be the cause? mechanic repu vastunadu

alternator pote ala avvadu..

did you car come with timing belt, if yes that will be the first suspect to have blown off, even alternator runs on the same timing belt, but not really reason for all that mess you explained, when did you change oil, i suspect car was very low on oil resulting in overheating

before you do anything on that car, get oil change and transmission oil refill done... leka pote mechanic gaadu ninnu kabaddi adukuntaadu

timing belt dobbi unte, then add that too

1200$ kante avvakudadu for the above

it all depends on car age and mileage, without which people are throwing ideas at you which may not work

https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/my-battery-light-came-on-out-of-nowhere-and-i-started-smelling-smoke-by-elizabeth-g

Jeff Engstrom
Automotive Mechanic
12 years of experience

This may suggest a failing voltage regulator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely sometimes destroying the battery. A common sign of this is usually the acid inside the battery boiling causing the battery to swell. You may also smell a bit of smoke due to things potentially getting too hot. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.

2007honda accord v6

11 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

alternator pote ala avvadu..

did you car come with timing belt, if yes that will be the first suspect to have blown off, even alternator runs on the same timing belt, but not really reason for all that mess you explained, when did you change oil, i suspect car was very low on oil resulting in overheating

before you do anything on that car, get oil change and transmission oil refill done... leka pote mechanic gaadu ninnu kabaddi adukuntaadu

timing belt dobbi unte, then add that too

1200$ kante avvakudadu for the above

it all depends on car age and mileage, without which people are throwing ideas at you which may not work

As i said, alternator was the issue, when alternator fails, smoke comes out and  battery can't get charged resulting in car breakdown