US born infants stay more than 6 months in India

wsraiders

My baby is in India right now for more than 6 months with 'multiple entry visa' which is valid for 5 years. Is there any process to do extend her stay; currently ckgs is down anta with services. Whom to contact? any body in the same boat or has idea. Please koddiga sahayam cheyagalaru...

13 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

On virijallu radio, the consulate general said this is ok, he said to contact local passport office. 

India local post office?

4 minutes ago, wsraiders said:

India local post office?

I think so, check Indian Embassy website, they said this is okay during the pandemic. They just said you should report it that you're here for longer. 

24 minutes ago, wsraiders said:

My baby is in India right now for more than 6 months with 'multiple entry visa' which is valid for 5 years. Is there any process to do extend her stay; currently ckgs is down anta with services. Whom to contact? any body in the same boat or has idea. Please koddiga sahayam cheyagalaru...

no need bro. My kid was in India for more than 8 months and I contacted FRRO and they said kids under 12yrs not required to register. Google it for FRRO and email them with same questions and give passport details of your kid. They will reply in couple days saying not required ani. Save this email and just in case if Hyd or Delhi airport immigration lo evaraina question chesthe, show this email as proof. Otherwise you are good

1 minute ago, no01 said:

no need bro. My kid was in India for more than 8 months and I contacted FRRO and they said kids under 12yrs not required to register. Google it for FRRO and email them with same questions and give passport details of your kid. They will reply in couple days saying not required ani. Save this email and just in case if Hyd or Delhi airport immigration lo evaraina question chesthe, show this email as proof. Otherwise you are good

FYI - my wife and kid are back to US in June and no issues with her visa

27 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

On virijallu radio, the consulate general said this is ok, he said to contact local passport office. 

ilanti radio kuda unda.. never heard