Asalu movie economics enti?

chanchala

1 minute ago, JambaKrantu said:

Zamana over ananu kaani their budgets will come down for sure. Tamil lo already producer's council took a decision of slashing the remuneration by half for all actors. Telugu lo kooda it will happen. Big heros are getting too greedy and Covid will bring them to ground..

I don't think slashing budgets is gonna help. ott is not gonna pay more than one tenth of what they are likely to earn at the box office at best.

2 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Yes OTT will not work for movies with 50c+ budget. Instead Netflix can make much better quality movies at much cheaper price.. Honestly for movie heros this is the last generation of family control. Once studios and OTT platforms start making their own content, they dictate the hero selection and remuneration 

agreed completely.

thats why allu arvind came up with ahaa.

and even streaming platform business is shaky financially. I don't think they are gonna make much profits.. but the good thing is people in the industry will find lots of work. plenty of projects will happen in parallel and will be managed professionally

but the gravy train of streamng is not gonnna last too.

Just now, chanchala said:

I don't think slashing budgets is gonna help. ott is not gonna pay more than one tenth of what they are likely to earn at the box office at best.

Nah bro, already for V movie they are paying 35c. The budget of V is 30c

2 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

first mover advantage bro. they can't keep up that pay for every movie. Dil Raju is just a lucky bastard. nothing more.

4 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

i mean the metrics for what constitutes as 'success' will have to change kadha... if V was a potential blockbuster, it would have made atleast 100cr at the boxoffice and some 50cr for the producer.

4 minutes ago, chanchala said:

agreed completely.

thats why allu arvind came up with ahaa.

and even streaming platform business is shaky financially. I don't think they are gonna make much profits.. but the good thing is people in the industry will find lots of work. plenty of projects will happen in parallel and will be managed professionally

but the gravy train of streamng is not gonnna last too.

Yes lot of demand for mid level heros like Varun Tej, Nikhil, Sai Dharam, Adivi Sesh because their movies can be made in 5 to 10c budget and will easily make profit..

5 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

the business model of netflix is not sustainable even for medium budget movie makers.

16 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Yes lot of demand for mid level heros like Varun Tej, Nikhil, Sai Dharam, Adivi Sesh because their movies can be made in 5 to 10c budget and will easily make profit..

I think this streaming business is ripe for new innovation. perhaps an affiliated innovation in something like a payment system.

the current business model doesn't make sense. 

25 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

I think  Still a loss for raju uncle profit wise , if the movie is released it would be mostly 40c movie theatrical run  ,around 10 for OTT and 8 from satellite .Guddi kanna mella nayam annattu 33c ki settle ayyadu uncle 

9 minutes ago, MasterSujith said:

I think  Still a loss for raju uncle profit wise , if the movie is released it would be mostly 40c movie theatrical run  ,around 10 for OTT and 8 from satellite .Guddi kanna mella nayam annattu 33c ki settle ayyadu uncle 

At least he is not losing money