@catalpha what do u know abt jesus

Silveradotwo

2 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

How is expressing your opinion about God any different from other topics? 

It is not about expressing an opinion, it is about telling other people to question the existence of god. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

It is not about expressing, it is about telling other people to question the existence of god. 

I am not telling anyone to do anything. I am expressing my opinion, if it's questioning a notion based on logical reasoning, how is it any different than anyone else making a logical argument?

8 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

I am not telling anyone to do anything. I am expressing my opinion, if it's questioning a notion based on logical reasoning, how is it any different than anyone else making a logical argument?

When you express an opinion like that, you are also telling people to question it. 

Now the question is whether it is morally right to plant those seeds of doubt in others? 

3 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

When you express an opinion like that you are also telling people to question it. 

Now the question is whether it is morally right to plant those seeds of doubt in others? 

Still don't get why it's different from any other topic. Here is an example, I am a very motivated woman who wants to do something with my life, other than sit at home and look pretty. You keep questioning the capability of woman, if they can do anything with their life other than make babies. Do you think it is morally correct for you to make me question my capabilities?

1 minute ago, Catalpha said:

Still don't get why it's different from any other topic. Here is an example, I am a very motivated woman who wants to do something with my life, other than sit at home and look pretty. You keep questioning the capability of woman, if they can do anything with their life other than make babies. Do you think it is morally correct for you to make me question my capabilities?

Are you saying that you and I have the same intentions when we are expressing our “opinions”?

12 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

When you express an opinion like that, you are also telling people to question it. 

Nice joke.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Are you saying that you and I have the same intentions when we are expressing our “opinions”?

If your question is, have I ever doubted myself after I read your comments, the answer is yes. It really depends on how confident you're about your opinion, whether you can be swayed by others arguments. If someone has a reason to believe in the existence of God, I am sure they won't be swayed by my arguments.

On the other hand, I am not very confident about what I will do in my life, or if I have it in me to do what I want to do in my life. So, I am swayed by others opinion questioning my capabilities, because deep inside I question myself all the time. 

18 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

Still think you're a chauvinist. 

He seems to have become more liberal, but is still a traditionalist. He believes in structure and hierarchy.

He's not very different from you though. You believe in structures of different kind. That's all. 

The ts however is dumb. It's funny they finally managed to position you as anti-hindu. This db is so funny

Just now, Catalpha said:

If your question is, have I ever doubted myself after I read your comments, the answer is yes. It really depends on how confident you're about your opinion, whether you can be swayed by others arguments. If someone has a reason to believe in the existence of God, I am sure they won't be swayed by my arguments.

On the other hand, I am not very confident about what I will do in my life, or if I have it in me to do what I want to do in my life. So, I am swayed by others opinion questioning my capabilities, because deep inside I question myself all the time. 

Agreed. Dummy makes some disgustingly inane comments with confidence

24 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

No different. That guy doesn't want to hurt particular people's sentiments. He's a crowd pleaser. 

3 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

If my intention, as you say, is to make you question yourself, then isn’t your intention also the same about the existence of god?  

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

If my intention, as you say, is to make you question yourself, then isn’t your intention also the same about the existence of god?  

I don't think your intention is to make me question myself. I think your intention is to belittle me for expressing notions about women that are anti-traditional. Personally I don't think you're actually trying to belittle me for having those beliefs, but for expressing them.

I on the other hand express my opinion if something is illogical especially if it pertains to religion. My intention is not to question the existence of God, but rather a practice that seems archaic. I am not doing it to make people think to be honest, more because I have the time and patience to type it out. 

1 minute ago, Catalpha said:

I don't think your intention is to make me question myself. I think your intention is to belittle me for expressing notions about women that are anti-traditional. Personally I don't think you're actually trying to belittle me for having those beliefs, but for expressing them.

I on the other hand express my opinion if something is illogical especially if it pertains to religion. My intention is not to question the existence of God, but rather a practice that seems archaic. I am not doing it to make people think to be honest, more because I have the time and patience to type it out. 

Yeah. You speak for yourself.

He claims to speak for others.

But both are wrong in different ways. Both of you are too confident and stubborn in your own notions.

Catalpha, stay in your lane. Hehe

Thinking women are too messy for the rational man. Too many variables to consider. 

Think inside your own lab bubble and don't poison other women less capable than you are to become more defiant and rebellious. Hahahahaha