what holds vijayawada back?

chanchala

I see people from vij/gun as ambitious, driven, smart, industrious, etc.

what's stopping vijayawada you think?

1. lack of govt investment

2. lack of cooperation (caste comes under this, so dont bore me with caste caste caste)

3. easier earning opportunities outside of vijayawada/guntur

@aakathaai

12 minutes ago, chanchala said:

I see people from vij/gun as ambitious, driven, smart, industrious, etc.

what's stopping vijayawada you think?

1. lack of govt investment

2. lack of cooperation (caste comes under this, so dont bore me with caste caste caste)

3. easier earning opportunities outside of vijayawada/guntur

@aakathaai

Lack of cosmo culture, lack of investor friendly atomsphere and lack of barren lands.  Vijayawada chuttu pakkala panchayits merge chesi oka mega city kooda plan cheyyalekapoyaaru

3 minutes ago, aakathaai789 said:

Lack of cosmo culture, lack of investor friendly atomsphere and lack of barren lands.  Vijayawada chuttu pakkala panchayits merge chesi oka mega city kooda plan cheyyalekapoyaaru

lack of barren lands makes sense. but big cities lo cheruvula meedhey kattesthunnaru.

1 minute ago, chanchala said:

lack of barren lands makes sense. but big cities lo cheruvula meedhey kattesthunnaru.

Cheruvula meeda avasaram ledu basic infra unna urban area surroundings anni kalipesi oka mega city kattachu cbn gadu greater vijayawada cheyyakunda poyi amaravati lo fertile lands pool chesaadu. Ippati varaku ye leader vja guntur development meeda sarigga focus cheyaledu. Adhe problem aindi

2 minutes ago, aakathaai789 said:

Cheruvula meeda avasaram ledu basic infra unna urban area surroundings anni kalipesi oka mega city kattachu cbn gadu greater vijayawada cheyyakunda poyi amaravati lo fertile lands pool chesaadu. Ippati varaku ye leader vja guntur development meeda sarigga focus cheyaledu. Adhe problem aindi

yeawh

To an extent this applies to many Andhra cities , lack of investment by state/center , communist parties that have driven out industrialists to other cities free of communist influence . 

More specific to vijaywada very insular attitude , large social divide , costly lands all around . Cities politics have always been about social issues rather than development . 

Similarly Nellore lo due to communist threats and interference , many industrialists / contractors have shifted base to Chennai / banglore and lastly to Hyderabad . I am sure vijaywada lo pedha manushulu antha Hyderabad ki velipoyaru .

Chandrababu meedha chaala hope unnindhi after 2014 results he will concentrate on city infrastructure and local governance .  Narayana lanti incompetent buffoon ni minister ga chesi , Andhra antey amaravathi thappa inka emi ledhu ani work chesadu .   

4 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

To an extent this applies to many Andhra cities , lack of investment by state/center , communist parties that have driven out industrialists to other cities free of communist influence . 

More specific to vijaywada very insular attitude , large social divide , costly lands all around . Cities politics have always been about social issues rather than development . 

Nellore lo due to communist threats and interference , many industrialists / contractors have shifted base to Chennai / banglore and lastly to Hyderabad . I am sure vijaywada lo pedha manushulu antha Hyderabad ki velipoyaru 

I don't think communist parties anywhere in India were as powerful in organizing against industries like in Mumbai. and that hasn't stopped mumbai from becoming an industrial hub.

even in calcutta, communists became successful only after industries started failing there.

I don't believe in the myth that communists drive out industries.

I'm sorryyy I mean worker organization against industries through shiva sena in mumbai... not communists.. 

5 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Nellore lo due to communist threats and interference , many industrialists / contractors have shifted base to Chennai / banglore and lastly to Hyderabad . I am sure vijaywada lo pedha manushulu antha Hyderabad ki velipoyaru 

wasnt buddhadev willing to kill people in singur to get Tata there?

14 minutes ago, chanchala said:

yeawh

Andhra side esp vijayawada guntur side unna inko daridram cinema picha. Cinema heroes ni devullani chestharu ikkada vehicles venakaala sticker lu eskuni thirugutharu of course in TN also people are fetish of movies. But chennai development is different story

1 minute ago, aakathaai789 said:

Andhra side esp vijayawada guntur side unna inko daridram cinema picha. Cinema heroes ni devullani chestharu ikkada vehicles venakaala sticker lu eskuni thirugutharu of course in TN also people are fetish of movies. But chennai development is different story

I don't think its a big issue

main thing is cost of land like ryzen said, lack of investment by govt.

3 minutes ago, chanchala said:

I don't think communist parties anywhere in India were as powerful in organizing against industries like in Mumbai. and that hasn't stopped mumbai from becoming an industrial hub.

even in calcutta, communists became successful only after industries started failing there.

I don't believe in the myth that communists drive out industries.

I'm sorryyy I mean worker organization against industries through shiva sena in mumbai... not communists.. 

You don't know the history , communists did not have power in assembly but they had a lot of strength in the streets . They could attack anyone or anything and never get arrested.  Every place that has a strong communist presence lost industries . 

Shiva sena was created by the industrialists to destroy communist influence in mumbai and it worked 

Just now, Boomer said:

Casteism made the diff btw vijaywada and Hyderabad

thats like saying dumbness of hindutva is the difference between US and India, both vibrant societies with people willing to risk to reach the stars and are very nationalistic.

Just now, chanchala said:

thats like saying dumbness of hindutva is the difference between US and India, both vibrant societies with people willing to risk to reach the stars and are very nationalistic.

It's reality live with it or die

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

You don't know the history , communists did not have power in assembly but they had a lot of strength in the streets . They could attack anyone or anything and never get arrested.  Every place that has a strong communist presence lost industries . 

Shiva sena was created by the industrialists to destroy communist influence in mumbai and it worked 

bengal didn't lose industries because of communists. They got communists because their industries started faltering after the first world war... 

anyway, all this is moot. since India liberalised in 90s, and communist presence is next to none in most states since.