No entry for 1 year....Glad we did it last month!

kumar4world

25 minutes ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

As per Cal Fire estimate, About 30% of those big trunk red wood trees might have to chop down..

Good thing is majority of these redwood trees (at-least the old trees) are resilient, they can recover from the fire damage. 

http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/hemmeric_nata/Adaptations.htm#:~:text=One very important adaptation for,acts as a fireproof shell.

1 hour ago, kumar4world said:

Good thing is majority of these redwood trees (at-least the old trees) are resilient, they can recover from the fire damage. 

http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/hemmeric_nata/Adaptations.htm#:~:text=One very important adaptation for,acts as a fireproof shell.

The problem with these trees is that their bark is very dry and these trees are more than 100 feet in height...

The fire fighters have discovered that although from outside it does not appear to be burning but on the top, the bark seems to be still burning and it’s barely visible. 

For most residents, they have told not to come back for three months and only after evacuation, they said they will clear after examining the health of the tress and if needed, some of them might have to be cut down..

I stay very close to this park, so much close that I go for my evening walk in this park..

7 minutes ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

The problem with these trees is that their bark is very dry and these trees are more than 100 feet in height...

The fire fighters have discovered that although from outside it does not appear to be burning but on the top, the bark seems to be still burning and it’s barely visible. 

For most residents, they have told not to come back for three months and only after evacuation, they said they will clear after examining the health of the tress and if needed, some of them might have to be cut down..

I stay very close to this park, so much close that I go for my evening walk in this park..

Makes sense! No wonder The past droughts in California might have contributed to the dryness of the bark. Good to know that you live close by.