Africa has held off the worst of the coronavirus. Researchers are working to figure out how.

perugu_vada

When the coronavirus first began spreading around the world, there was near-universal concern among experts that countries in Africa could be hit particularly hard, with high rates of transmission that could quickly overwhelm health care systems.

But roughly nine months into the pandemic, which has sickened over 31 million people and caused more than 950,000 deaths around the world, most African countries have fared significantly better than other parts of the world. The reasons are still something of a mystery — more research is needed, and some studies that aim to answer the questions are only just beginning — but scientists said the success of many African countries so far offers crucial lessons for the rest of the world and shine a light on how inherent biases can distort scientific research.

No tests , young population ,low mobility . 

Same situation as Pakistan , they have already achieved herd immunity . Best response for a poor country is to do nothing and let individuals take precautions 

Just now, Amrita said:

May be better immunity ? Vallaki telekunda ney vachi taggipoyindemo kuda . 

But at the same time Africans in EU / US are dying at disproportionately higher rates due to covid . Maybe not exactly genetic superiority . food habits or lifestyle maybe the reason , like the article said need lot more studies 

7 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

But at the same time Africans in EU / US are dying at disproportionately higher rates due to covid . Maybe not exactly genetic superiority . food habits or lifestyle maybe the reason , like the article said need lot more studies 

I m not saying genetic superiority I just said immunity . That changes based on environment you live . The immunity I had when I was in India I don’t have it now. Anduke Indians recovery rate is better in India than other countries like USA .