oci or visa for kid

cloud

OCI:

If best incase if baby will stay more than 6 months. 

VISA: 

Less processing time and works for 10 years, you dont need to re apply for visa even if passport changes (US passport for kids is valid only for 5 years) where as OCI requires you to re-apply again after 5 years, which is painful to go through the entire process again. 

apart from this, as of today, for visas, CKGS says 

Indian visa services have been discontinued until further notice; foreign nationals required to visit India for compelling reasons may contact the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.

they are accepting OCI applications though .. 

Ee China virus situations valla telisindi enti antey oci is safe side  for Indian nationals with US citizenship ( Naturalized or born in US to Indian parents ) compared to vistor visa 

kids under 11/12yrs ki no restrictions if they stay beyond 6 months....my kid was in India for almost an yr and no issues. We emailed FRRO and they replied the same. Delhi airport lo immigration appudu adigaaru and I showed them my email proof and they allowed (we dont have to show any proof since its a rule...but better to carry)

3 minutes ago, no01 said:

kids under 11/12yrs ki no restrictions if they stay beyond 6 months....my kid was in India for almost an yr and no issues. We emailed FRRO and they replied the same. Delhi airport lo immigration appudu adigaaru and I showed them my email proof and they allowed (we dont have to show any proof since its a rule...but better to carry)

FRRO ?? and did they ask in delhi immigration while coming back to US about the longer stay ??

20 hours ago, cloud said:

planning to send my baby with my inlaws in December  or February if things go well with covid  , which one is easy to apply . She would be staying in India for an year . 

OCI is better in general, and it is the only option for you now, as they stopped regular visa processing, only emergency visas are allowed.

OCI processing is taking around 2 months, so apply ASAP. 

1 hour ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Ee China virus situations valla telisindi enti antey oci is safe side  for Indian nationals with US citizenship ( Naturalized or born in US to Indian parents ) compared to vistor visa 

I took OCI Murugan Uncle

58 minutes ago, jai thuss said:

FRRO ?? and did they ask in delhi immigration while coming back to US about the longer stay ??

Mana indian govt website adi....which takes care of foreigners visiting/living in India...google chey and you will get e-frro website. Local Hyd office contact unte akkadiki call chey or just email them...within 48hrs lo reply istharu (save this).

Delhi lo exit appudu adigaaru and I showed my email to them....it was as simple. 

21 hours ago, cloud said:

planning to send my baby with my inlaws in December  or February if things go well with covid  , which one is easy to apply . She would be staying in India for an year . 

Siggu undali brother 

• Upvote 1