Do girls gift 🎁 their parents after marriage?

toranam

#p30949-"If wife and husband both are earning, how should money be planned? In india, society do not accept if a married woman buys anything to her parents with her money. Even husbands do not like their wives buying small things to her parents. Why? I am a working woman and I always buy things for my mom or dad (as small as a sweet box) secretly and ensure it reaches them without anyone getting to know. I always feel my husband does not like me buying them anything.  I had experience with him telling why are you buying,  are they not available at their place? Can't they buy? Etc etc. I am earning and it's my parents who put me in this position.  I still get scared to openly tell I want to buy this and that for them because my husband might think they are taking my money or they are enjoying on my money etc. He might even disrespect them in the view that I am spending money for them. I want to be open and expects to have freedom to buy things for my parents (my parents give me much more in return..though that is another story). Why is this attitude of men in not changing? I feel so bad whenever I want to buy something to my home I should do it secretly."

• toranam changed the title to Do girls gift 🎁 their parents after marriage?
7 minutes ago, Manikyam said:

yes, my spouse does every now n then though she don't earn😜

grow up man....ur upbringing should ensure that Ur in lasws are treated equally

46 minutes ago, linksys23 said:

grow up man....ur upbringing should ensure that Ur in lasws are treated equally

grow up man, treating equally kabatti veltunayi. lekapote ne la neeti postlu tappa em undav

Ammayi parents ammayini Btech chadivinchali, job cheyinchi and when the get married if they earn in Dollars they shuld not send anything to parents..Same situation lo Abbayi untey he will send all dollars to parents.Society lo women oka rule Men ki oka rule....Ammayi ko goda manasu untundi ani realize avvali husbands...i know so many women who send half of their US Dollars salary to their family.

1 minute ago, linksys23 said:

Ammayi parents ammayini Btech chadivinchali, job cheyinchi and when the get married if they earn in Dollars they shuld not send anything to parents..Same situation lo Abbayi untey he will send all dollars to parents.Society lo women oka rule Men ki oka rule....Ammayi ko goda manasu untundi ani realize avvali husbands...i know so many women who send half of their US Dollars salary to their family.

Good post. 

4 hours ago, toranam said:

#p30949-"If wife and husband both are earning, how should money be planned? In india, society do not accept if a married woman buys anything to her parents with her money. Even husbands do not like their wives buying small things to her parents. Why? I am a working woman and I always buy things for my mom or dad (as small as a sweet box) secretly and ensure it reaches them without anyone getting to know. I always feel my husband does not like me buying them anything.  I had experience with him telling why are you buying,  are they not available at their place? Can't they buy? Etc etc. I am earning and it's my parents who put me in this position.  I still get scared to openly tell I want to buy this and that for them because my husband might think they are taking my money or they are enjoying on my money etc. He might even disrespect them in the view that I am spending money for them. I want to be open and expects to have freedom to buy things for my parents (my parents give me much more in return..though that is another story). Why is this attitude of men in not changing? I feel so bad whenever I want to buy something to my home I should do it secretly."

Not everyone is like that.

You should confront your husband with confidence.

If not, its your problem....not his.

• Upvote 1