Buying Agriculture land from US Citizen info needed

guntoor_rathaiah

friends, i am buying agriculture land from US Citizen ( inherited property), due to covid he given GPA( power of attorney) to his brother.  nenu 60% money pay chesa

question endi ante

US citizen sons signatures kooda thesukovala property konetapudu..?

9 minutes ago, guntoor_rathaiah said:

friends, i am buying agriculture land from US Citizen ( inherited property), due to covid he given GPA( power of attorney) to his brother.  nenu 60% money pay chesa

question endi ante

Talk to title management lawyer. Otherwise you see lot of problems

52 minutes ago, guntoor_rathaiah said:

question endi ante

india lo ayhtey ancestral property gola untadi ..... ekkada kuda untada ?

54 minutes ago, guntoor_rathaiah said:

question endi ante

If they are above the age of 18 it's better to ask for their signature also. There are very slim chances that ABCD kids will come and file a case in India but it's better to ask just to make sure. If the kids are not 18 and if they are minors then no need to ask for their signatures..

Wait.. wait wait...

Consult a lawyer first. As per my knowledge & experience, non Indian citizens should not be holding agriculture land in India. For sure they cannot buy land. Inherited property kooda litigation untadi

4 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Wait.. wait wait...

Consult a lawyer first. As per my knowledge & experience, non Indian citizens should not be holding agriculture land in India. For sure they cannot buy land. Inherited property kooda litigation untadi

No they can hold ancestral/inherited land or land they acquired while they were Indian citizens.. They can't buy new agricultural land once they become US citizens but what ever land they bought when they were Indian citizens they can continue to hold and sell.. 

US Citizens and OCI card holders still buy land in India but they buy it through parents or siblings and then take it from them as inheritance/gift, only problem with this problem is two times registration.

Source: Both my akka and bava are US Citizens/OCI currently living in India 

5 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

No they can hold ancestral/inherited land or land they acquired while they were Indian citizens.. They can't buy new agricultural land once they become US citizens but what ever land they bought when they were Indian citizens they can continue to hold and sell.. 

US Citizens and OCI card holders still buy land in India but they buy it through parents or siblings and then take it from them as inheritance/gift, only problem with this problem is two times registration.

Source: Both my akka and bava are US Citizens/OCI currently living in India 

thank you bro , you are 100% correct what you said.

We are us citizens. As far as I know we can inherit agri land. Don’t know if we need to file any paperwork here when registering from parents. As of now, it is still in parent’s name. We did buy some agri land but that was when we were on gc. Our kids who are born here don’t think can claim any right on agri land in india. Only us citizens who are born in India but later took citizenship do have right to inherit as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Varshini2020 said:

Only us citizens who are born in India but later took citizenship do have right to inherit as far as I know.

Wrong, any OCI holder can inherit agricultural land, doesn't matter if they are born in India or born to Indian origin parents..OCI holders are free to buy and sell residential and commercial properties and they are free to inherit agricultural property and sell it. 

23 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

Wrong, any OCI holder can inherit agricultural land, doesn't matter if they are born in India or born to Indian origin parents..OCI holders are free to buy and sell residential and commercial properties and they are free to inherit agricultural property and sell it. 

Looks like you are right. OCI card can be obtained by US born if one of the parents was born in India. Any idea if any additional paper work needs to be filled registering ancestral property to an oci card holder?