Basecamp , gumroad started new trend ..... no more location based salary , same salary across globe

sri_india

whether you are in Banglore or SFO they are going to offer same salary antaaa...

these are small companies , but if this trend continues.... talented people who don't get visa opportunity for many reasons will benefit from this trend  

source plz...

What I read about the company is at a given grade, the salaries are same across America,  across people. It's not like "If I negotiate I get more" types. All Grade -5 people have the same salary.

But across the globe model will never work.

4 minutes ago, summer27 said:

source plz...

What I read about the company is at a given grade, the salaries are same across America,  across people. It's not like "If I negotiate I get more" types. All Grade -5 people have the same salary.

But across the globe model will never work.

Sahil , gumroad founder just announced on twitter 

this is from basecamp founder blog 

That’s what we did. Starting 2018, Basecamp is paying everyone as though they live in San Francisco and work for a software company that pays in the top 10% of that market (compared to base pay + bonus, but not options).

We don’t actually have anyone who lives in San Francisco, but now everyone is being paid as though they did. Whatever an employee pockets in the difference in cost of living between where they are and the sky-high prices in San Francisco is theirs to keep.