New U.S. Citizenship Test Is Longer and More Difficult!

r2d2

Critics say the new test is harder for English learners. It features more nuanced questions and highlights such issues as states’ rights and the Vietnam War.

The Trump administration is rolling out sweeping changes to the test immigrants must take to become United States citizens, injecting hints of conservative philosophy and making the test harder for many learners of the English language.

The new citizenship test that went into effect on Tuesday is longer than before, with applicants now required to answer 12 out of 20 questions correctly instead of six out of 10. It is also more complex, eliminating simple geography and adding dozens of possible questions, some nuanced and involving complex phrasing, that could trip up applicants who do not consider them carefully.

Of the 18 questions removed from the previous test, 11 were questions that had simple, sometimes one-word answers.

The new test adds one more hurdle for immigrants who hope to become voting citizens, coming in the waning days of an administration that has imposed substantial new barriers to immigration and limits on the ability of those already in the country to aspire to legal residence and, eventually, naturalization.

6 minutes ago, PilliBeta said:

I have no intention of taking US Citizenship though. 

Every 10 years ki ne gc renew cheskuntu untava pilli akka ? 

1 minute ago, MRI said:

CatDaughter is already 50-60.. maha avutey inko rendu nundi moodu saarlu anuko. emundiley.

😹 DB lo she makes sure her voice is heard .. voting chance miss avthundi kadha ani na badha .. her single vote makes a difference 

55 minutes ago, PilliBeta said:

I have no intention of taking US Citizenship though. 

On 12/4/2020 at 12:01 AM, PilliBeta said:

I still think of it as mine though. Spent a decade here and I am grateful. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

6 out of 10 ki

12 out of 20 ki enti va teda. 

Prathidi edupe manaki, citizenship kuda Costco lo ichayali manaki.

Man there is some limit to crying, valla county valla istam.

• Haha 1