Chandamama magazine archived online

Mirage

26 minutes ago, Lonelyloner said:

good post

download cheskoni maname saduvukovachu. edho chinnappudu chadivina books ani memories kosam.

kaani pillalki chadivipinchatam anedhi edaithey undho... Indians are fcuking dumb anukunta.

culturally brainwashed idiots. papam kids.

neekey nee culture gurinchi emi telidu, unless you are a practising brahmin, in which case it makes sense if you pass down your culture. you have a fair idea of what it is.

99% Indians ki em culture aey ledhu to pass down to their kids. g mooskoni let them adapt to the local culture.

Hindutva ni chooskoni, edho antha cultural knowledge vachesinattu feel avvakandi.

you have no culture to pass down with any sort of authenticity.

reading chandamama in the 21st century is a total waste of fcuking time for kids.

2 minutes ago, narsy said:

neekey nee culture gurinchi emi telidu, unless you are a practising brahmin, in which case it makes sense if you pass down your culture. you have a fair idea of what it is.

99% Indians ki em culture aey ledhu to pass down to their kids. g mooskoni let them adapt to the local culture.

Hindutva ni chooskoni, edho antha cultural knowledge vachesinattu feel avvakandi.

reading chandamama in the 21st century is a total waste of fcuking time for kids.

agree with you.

as long as we start acting like hindu.....these bastards own us and treat as puppies with hierarchy.

2 minutes ago, Lonelyloner said:

agree with you.

as long as we start acting like hindu.....these bastards own us and treat as puppies with hierarchy.

I saw kadha, how stupid my parents looked when they did some ritual. especially my father, who after a drawn out atheist phase suddenly became very religious. I lost a lot of respect for him at that point.

some among the relatives have some hazy idea of what ritual to do for what occasion, but mostly 99% are clueless and are running around like jokers in a marriage function.

I don't know why Hindus put themselves through this kind of torture of pretending to be the kind of Hindu that is respectable.

21 minutes ago, narsy said:

I saw kadha, how stupid my parents looked when they did some ritual. especially my father, who after a drawn out atheist phase suddenly became very religious. I lost a lot of respect for him at that point.

some among the relatives have some hazy idea of what ritual to do for what occasion, but mostly 99% are clueless and are running around like jokers in a marriage function.

I don't know why Hindus put themselves through this kind of torture of pretending to be the kind of Hindu that is respectable.

was it the genetic memory that makes people turn from Atheist to religious or any other reason

6 minutes ago, Lonelyloner said:

was it the genetic memory that makes people turn from Atheist to religious or any other reason

nah, just peer pressure.

I don't remember my grand dad being particularly religious. They were all from a small village and hardly did anything with their lives. I don't even remember a single religious ritual I had to witness until I was 10 in my ancestral village. after which i never went to that place.

suddenly my dad who became rich in chennai, starts calling brahmin priests to house and doing all sorts of pooja. And starts acting like he's always known this kind of lifestyle. hehe.. 

ofcourse my mom was always religious. but this change in dad was pure peer pressure. he was strong enough to resist it until he was 50. and then he broke down and went with the flow. I moved away.

11 minutes ago, Lonelyloner said:

because the first actual home my dad built when I was 15, a gorgeous large one, he didn't do any pooja. He just invited his friends and my and sis friends and neighbours and gave a grand party. No house warming even.

but by the 3rd house, he was basically a BJP voter. loll.

11 hours ago, narsy said:

Who talked about culture, hindutva in this thread. these books are just for fun. ekkada poina ide godavaa needi..

I don't even know if my kid will be interested but no harm in sharing it with him, just in case... I for sure enjoy these stories.

6 hours ago, summer27 said:

Who talked about culture, hindutva in this thread. these books are just for fun. ekkada poina ide godavaa needi..

I don't even know if my kid will be interested but no harm in sharing it with him, just in case... I for sure enjoy these stories.

ekkada poyav? em maatladthunnav. godava endhi? internet ki kothha? 24/7 edusthu untaava internet lo opinion pai?

no kid will be interested in stories from 1980s, 90s. you can read them yourself. unless your kid is less than 8yrs old. then your interest becomes his/her interest.

ekkada poyav? em maatladthunnav. godava endhi? internet ki kothha? 24/7 edusthu untaava internet lo opinion pai?

no kid will be interested in stories from 1980s, 90s. you can read them yourself. unless your kid is less than 8yrs old. then your interest becomes his/her interest.

Lol. moron..

chandamama stories are full of casteist references. 2 things are gonna happen if you introduce them

1. kid grows up, and writes huge ass articles on how casteist his 'culture' is.

2. kid forgets it after his first video game.

chandamama stories are full of casteist references. 2 things are gonna happen if you introduce them

1. kid grows up, and writes huge ass articles on how casteist his 'culture' is.

2. kid forgets it after his first video game.

Also by reading stories and imaginable things(cock and bull stories) 12th house(astrology) gets activeated and people will become crazy and do all rituals and superstitions and all crap......thats the weak point to get owned by upper hierarchy.

i decoded the mystery now

1 minute ago, Lonelyloner said:

Also by reading stories and imaginable things(cock and bull stories) 12th house(astrology) gets activeated and people will become crazy and do all rituals and superstitions and all crap......thats the weak point to get owned by upper hierarchy.

i decoded the mystery now

There's no mystery. Its peer pressure. nothing else. 

What HIndus accuse XIans of doing (spreading their religion), Hindus themselves have been doing for the past 40-50yrs.

That's why I told you about my father. in the 90s, becoming Hindu was some sort of initiation into upper middle class society (outside of islam/xianity). But since 2005, this bonanza has been thrown open for almost every Indian citizen. Everyone can claim to be Hindu now, and be proud... despite whatever they were doing couple decades back.

these myths, stories just add meat to the belief that they are hindu, since the stories are based locally and people feel part of it.