Stock discussions

Vaampire

1 hour ago, Raja_Returns said:

dina dinabivruddhi tho doosuka pothunav kada kaka

nee adbhivruddhi ekkadi daaka vachindi kaka? 

2 hours ago, Raja_Returns said:

dina dinabivruddhi tho doosuka pothunav kada kaka

Em abhivrudhi .. ah stocks e roju untay 400 profit vachevi … ninna fomo lo ammesina … that’s  ok le uncle 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, argadorn said:

@Konebhar6 jepi jepq asalu last 2 years 10 dollars perigindhi … danni endhuku recommending it’s very less know … just asking 

It gives a dividend of close to 10% every month .. Plus share price appreciation. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Em abhivrudhi .. ah stocks e roju untay 400 profit vachevi … ninna fomo lo ammesina … that’s  ok le uncle 

Imagine if the market was down another 500 points today .. so dont think back .. look for new opportunities .. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Yes until last week. Found some issues in strategy and need to tweak solution a little. Also moving the solutions from Google sheets to Python. Its taking a bit time as I am new to python (but able to learn and do it myself) .. Not getting enough time as busy at work .. 

I found bard is better at coding than chatgpt. At the same time you have to know some programming to tweak the question and get what you want out of them. Let me know if I can help , thop kadhu gani kodiga vachi

38 minutes ago, nenesuperni said:

I found bard is better at coding than chatgpt. At the same time you have to know some programming to tweak the question and get what you want out of them. Let me know if I can help , thop kadhu gani kodiga vachi

Thanks for offering .. I am able to manage it by myself. Did a lot of coding early in career and something I love. I am fascinated with Python and its abilities .. Also useful in my current role (Data Quality) even though we plan to utilize some tools that can do all of that .. 

• Like 1

@Konebhar6 the PLTR current Forward P/E is 63 with the market cap of 46.14B. 

Is the stock Overvalued? Does this company grow too fast? 

What is the bull case for PLTR?

31 minutes ago, former said:

@Konebhar6 the PLTR current Forward P/E is 63 with the market cap of 46.14B. 

Is the stock Overvalued? Does this company grow too fast? 

What is the bull case for PLTR?

The reason for PLTR to fall to sub $10 range last yr is because of valuation. They have been profitable for last 6 quarters. Usually development stage growth companies like this (e.g. SNOW, etc) are not profitable. Their customers are increasing at a good pace. They have done a lot of work for Defense and have more defense projects in pipeline. Growth have been steady. Every company is investing in AI. Every company is changing its marketing/sales materials and even brochures to have the word AI/ML in it. 

At current price all the above is factored in. What we are buying it is for it to continue this in the next few years as more and more companies start utilizing AI/ML into their portfolios. A lot of smart money & Institutional money went into it. 

See how pharma companies are using it for Gene Sequencing or for predictions, and research

Bear case is the product is not good or a better product comes along, and the growth slows down. 

If you look at technicals .. recently when S&P and Nasdaq Dropped to its lowest in 6 months (4/19), PLTR did not drop below 20. Same yesterday when DOW dropped 500+ points. Super strong support at 20. If it drops below 19, I will rethink. 

When a company is exploding and the Sector is hot and is future ... Valuations go out the window. At FPE 63, I would say it is very cheap compared to other players in the sector. 

I would still invest more in MSFT, NVDA compared to PLTR. 

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

The reason for PLTR to fall to sub $10 range last yr is because of valuation. They have been profitable for last 6 quarters. Usually development stage growth companies like this (e.g. SNOW, etc) are not profitable. Their customers are increasing at a good pace. They have done a lot of work for Defense and have more defense projects in pipeline. Growth have been steady. Every company is investing in AI. Every company is changing its marketing/sales materials and even brochures to have the word AI/ML in it. 

At current price all the above is factored in. What we are buying it is for it to continue this in the next few years as more and more companies start utilizing AI/ML into their portfolios. A lot of smart money & Institutional money went into it. 

See how pharma companies are using it for Gene Sequencing or for predictions, and research

Bear case is the product is not good or a better product comes along, and the growth slows down. 

If you look at technicals .. recently when S&P and Nasdaq Dropped to its lowest in 6 months (4/19), PLTR did not drop below 20. Same yesterday when DOW dropped 500+ points. Super strong support at 20. If it drops below 19, I will rethink. 

When a company is exploding and the Sector is hot and is future ... Valuations go out the window. At FPE 63, I would say it is very cheap compared to other players in the sector. 

I would still invest more in MSFT, NVDA compared to PLTR. 

The Software products built by PLTR can be created by BIG companies like MSFT or AMZN.

12 minutes ago, former said:

The Software products built by PLTR can be created by BIG companies like MSFT or AMZN.

May be .. may be not .. a lot depends on idea and the execution and the technology foundation, architecture foundation, etc etc .. For sure they have the money/manpower to do it .. but would they? ... Can they?

Why did they have to invest in openAI instead of doing it on their own?

18 hours ago, argadorn said:

@Konebhar6 jepi jepq asalu last 2 years 10 dollars perigindhi … danni endhuku recommending it’s very less know … just asking 

They are more about regular income. And in general always go by % increase than absolute dollars. 1 to 2 and 10 to 11 are completely different returns.

23 hours ago, VictoryTDP said:

nee adbhivruddhi ekkadi daaka vachindi kaka? 

Antha active ledu kaka vyaparam manda ginchindi.

PLTR has a niche product but again their commercial use cases are less but will be long term.

So as a company they will grow slow and steadily. i do not expect a huge drop or spike in PLTR.