Roach Infestation

kiri_kiri

Paatha apartment lo roaches unde. 

They treated the apartment. I also  inspected my stuff as much as possible and cleaned a bit.

Now i moved to new apartment just two days ago and to my horror I already found a couple of them probably moved with my baggage and stuff.

Should i throw away (I am thinking to do so mostly )most of my stuff i bought from old apartment ? like bed frame ,mattress etc ? When i checked them i could not find any trace of roaches though.

Any home remedies  ? Any roach spray that you recommend? 

**Serious inquiry**

Keep you apartment extremely clean , throw away all the food waste asap for few weeks . 

Keep a bug spray handy to kill any roaches as soon as you see them . 

I always advice not to bring stuff from old roach infested  apartments as much as possible.  

Once they get in , it's hars to get rid of them 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kiri_kiri said:

They treated the apartment. I also  inspected my stuff as much as possible and cleaned a bit.

Now i moved to new apartment just two days ago and to my horror I already found a couple of them probably moved with my baggage and stuff.

Should i throw away (I am thinking to do so mostly )most of my stuff i bought from old apartment ? like bed frame ,mattress etc ? When i checked them i could not find any trace of roaches though.

**Serious inquiry**

It most probably would have come through furniture. You cannot find it easily.

A very important thing is to NOT use any commercial roach killers like raid or hit. Buy Boric acid powder (I bought from amazon) and spray a very thin line of dust in all corners, cracks and crevices. Make sure you are spraying a very thin line - like a dust settling on a table. You will not be able to see what you have put...If you put lumps of powder that wouldn't work. This is a slow but very effective method you will have no cockroaches in few weeks. Trust me it works

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mmharshaa said:

It most probably would have come through furniture. You cannot find it easily.

A very important thing is to NOT use any commercial roach killers like raid or hit. Buy Boric acid powder (I bought from amazon) and spray a very thin line of dust in all corners, cracks and crevices. Make sure you are spraying a very thin line - like a dust settling on a table. You will not be able to see what you have put...If you put lumps of powder that wouldn't work. This is a slow but very effective method you will have no cockroaches in few weeks. Trust me it works

Ipudu ki one day aindi bro new apartment ki move ai...padeydam ankunta furniture motham...Do you think that might work now or atleast reduce the problem size? And i will definitely order Boric acid powder..

11 minutes ago, kiri_kiri said:

Ipudu ki one day aindi bro new apartment ki move ai...padeydam ankunta furniture motham...Do you think that might work now or atleast reduce the problem size? And i will definitely order Boric acid powder..

Yeah that will surely help. Check with neighbors if there is no roach infestation in your new community before you throw your furniture away

• Like 1

bro.. don't throw anything bcoz okati unna chalu ..ye cloths lo ala ..  adi oka 100 chestadi.. so furniture cost motham 2000$ anuko.. nev treatment ki oka 400 to 500$ pedithe chalu.. 

try boric powder. best thing--> we can call professionals.. they do treatment . .valla dagara edo powerful chemicals untai.. vallu reduce chestaru... local compines entha charge chestaru chudu first....... mostly apt ppl ll pay for them.. don't tell old apt story to them.. m seeing couple of rocher ani chepu .. anthe.. if they don't .. u pay..

• Like 1

neku apartment ichemundu anni precautions teeskune ichuntaru.. so not a big deal..

okati ara techuntav.. em teliyanattu.. within a week call leasing office and tell them that you saw a couple of roaches.. and ask them for bug treatment..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VinPetrol said:

bro.. don't throw anything bcoz okati unna chalu ..ye cloths lo ala ..  adi oka 100 chestadi.. so furniture cost motham 2000$ anuko.. nev treatment ki oka 400 to 500$ pedithe chalu.. 

try boric powder. best thing--> we can call professionals.. they do treatment . .valla dagara edo powerful chemicals untai.. vallu reduce chestaru... local compines entha charge chestaru chudu first....... mostly apt ppl ll pay for them.. don't tell old apt story to them.. m seeing couple of rocher ani chepu .. anthe.. if they don't .. u pay..

Boric powder 👌

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiri_kiri said:

**Serious inquiry**

Amazon lo Advion untundi , get it and try (be careful if you have kids when applying this)

Also inform rental ppl , they will come and spray

clean any food items from floor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiri_kiri said:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

**Serious inquiry**

Roaches infestation is because the cockroaches are finding food 

Since roaches are nocturnal try to throw your dustbin by evening and also don’t keep any leftovers in sink. Clean all the utensils by evening. Cockroaches love moist places so mostly they will be in kitchen sink pipes or bathroom pipes 

Rice grain spill overs should be cleaned immediately. use cockroach gel baits which can be found in any home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowe’s 

• Like 1