అమెరికాకు ‘కొవాగ్జిన్‌’ టీకా !

r2d2

3 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

@PilliBeta ..with out any sarcasm..whats your honest thoughts...on vaccination program going on in India...?

i am asking this... because my parents are mentally preparing... to get vaccination...

just give info...please..no politics..

adding @Kool_SRG also....

Don't be in hurry to take vaccination there are some comorbidity issues even after taking vaccine we need take precautions it isn't that we can roam freely with out masks and all.

Check with family doctors for opinion can wait for some time and plan for vaccination.

China has access to US healthcare, including genomic data: US counterintelligence report

According to the US national counterintelligence and security centre, Chinese companies have gained access to US healthcare data by partnering with hospitals, universities, and other research organizations in America.

The report said that the People's Republic of China(PRC) has for years been able to gain access to US healthcare data, including genomic data, through a variety of channels, both legal and illegal, while asserting that, "People's Republic of China’s acquisition of US healthcare data is helping to fuel China’s Artificial Intelligence and precision medicine industries."

The counterintelligence agency said that China’s access to US healthcare and genomic data poses serious privacy and national security risks to the US.

The US agency said China’s access to US health and genomic data poses long term economic challenges for the United States

"US healthcare data may be particularly attractive and valuable to China because of the ethnic diversity of the US population," the report said. The US agency said Chinese authorities have an advantage since the US has fewer safeguards on medical and healthcare data, including data for research purposes.

"Over the years, Chinese companies have taken advantage of this environment by investing in US firms that handle sensitive healthcare and other types of personal data, providing them entry to the US market and access to this data," the report claimed.

According to the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission, the COVID-19 labs have been providing Chinese researchers with access to healthcare data from around the globe since the PRC has aggressively marketed Chinese COVID-19 testing kits around the world, along with laboratories to support COVID-19 testing.

"By August 2020, China’s leading genomics company, BGI, said it had sold test kits to 180 countries and established labs in 18 countries in the past six months," the agency informed.

The report stated that the PRC views bulk personal data, including healthcare and genomic data, as a "strategic commodity" to be collected and used for its "economic and national security priorities."

The PRC is investing heavily in the “biotech revolution” and has enacted national policies prioritizing the collection of healthcare data both at home and abroad, it said.

17 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

Don't be in hurry to take vaccination there are some comorbidity issues even after taking vaccine we need take precautions it isn't that we can roam freely with out masks and all.

Check with family doctors for opinion can wait for some time and plan for vaccination.

ok.... thank you

23 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

@PilliBeta ..with out any sarcasm..whats your honest thoughts...on vaccination program going on in India...?

i am asking this... because my parents are mentally preparing... to get vaccination...

just give info...please..no politics..

adding @Kool_SRG also....

I think AstraZeneca would be a good bet, since it's not as effective as Pfizer, I would bet that AstraZeneca would have less side effects than Pfizer. Even though Bharat Biotech vaccine didn't do phase 3 clinical trials, both AstraZeneca and Bharat Biotech passed phase 2 trials which means both of them are absolutely safe. The chemistry of the vaccine that they use for Bharat Biotech is the same thing that they traditionally use for all vaccines in India, so I wouldn't hesitate to take either AstraZeneca or Bharat Biotech vaccine. In fact, I think I would prefer that older folks take AstraZeneca over Pfizer given that Pfizer has such a strong immune response. But either way, still wear masks even after vaccination, and take all precautions like you're doing without vaccination. 

@dasari4kntr

9 minutes ago, betapilli said:

I think AstraZeneca would be a good bet, since it's not as effective as Pfizer, I would bet that AstraZeneca would have less side effects than Pfizer. Even though Bharat Biotech vaccine didn't do phase 3 clinical trials, both AstraZeneca and Bharat Biotech passed phase 2 trials which means both of them are absolutely safe. The chemistry of the vaccine that they use for Bharat Biotech is the same thing that they traditionally use for all vaccines in India, so I wouldn't hesitate to take either AstraZeneca or Bharat Biotech vaccine. In fact, I think I would prefer that older folks take AstraZeneca over Pfizer given that Pfizer has such a strong immune response. But either way, still wear masks even after vaccination, and take all precautions like you're doing without vaccination. 

@dasari4kntr

Low dosage or dosage error for low efficacy during phase 3 trials for Astrazeneca is the reason ? They gave a statement about this ! 

Exclusive: Oxford kept COVID-19 vaccine trial volunteers in dark about dosing error, letter shows

2 hours ago, Sachin200 said:

Low dosage or dosage error for low efficacy during phase 3 trials for Astrazeneca is the reason ? They gave a statement about this ! 

Exclusive: Oxford kept COVID-19 vaccine trial volunteers in dark about dosing error, letter shows

Saline instead of vaccine will do no harm, why the hesitancy?

13 hours ago, betapilli said:

@dasari4kntr

ok..thank you...

On 2/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, betapilli said:

Saline instead of vaccine will do no harm, why the hesitancy?

Pfizer withdraws application for emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine in India

NEW DELHI: Pfizer has withdrawn an application for emergency-use authorization of its COVID-19 vaccine in India that it has developed with Germany’s BioNTech, the company said on Friday.
The US company, which was the first drugmaker to apply for emergency use authorization of its COVID-19 vaccine in India, had a meeting with the country’s drugs regulator on Wednesday and the decision was made after that, the company said.
“Based on the deliberations at the meeting and our understanding of additional information that the regulator may need, the company has decided to withdraw its application at this time,” it said in a statement to Reuters.
“Pfizer will continue to engage with the authority and re-submit its approval request with additional information as it becomes available in the near future.”
Pfizer had sought authorization for its vaccine in India late last year, but the government in January approved two much cheaper shots — one from Oxford University/AstraZeneca and another developed at home by Bharat Biotech with the Indian Council of Medical Research. Both companies had applied for approval of their vaccines after Pfizer.
India’s Central Drugs Standard Control Organization had declined to accept Pfizer’s request for approval without a small local trial on the vaccine’s safety and immunogenicity for Indians, Reuters has reported.
Indian health officials say they generally ask for so-called bridging trials to determine if a vaccine is safe and generates an immune response in its citizens whose genetic makeup can be different from people in Western nations. There are, however, provisions under India’s New Drugs and Clinical Trial Rules, 2019, to waive such trials in certain conditions.
Pfizer earlier told Reuters its application was supported by data from a global study that showed an overall efficacy rate of 95 percent with no vaccine-related, serious safety concerns 

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2021 at 12:49 AM, Kool_SRG said:

On 2/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, betapilli said:

@dasari4kntr

any update on covaxin...? is it good time for vaccinated in india...? covaxin is good for old people...?

is pfizer is available in india...?

5 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

any update on covaxin...? is it good time for vaccinated in india...? covaxin is good for old people...?

Pfizer is not available in India. Covaxin ante bharat biotech da? They reported 82% efficacy. AstraZeneca di 68% efficacy. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

Vaccination is picking up but first would suggest your parents to take advice of regular family doctor and then proceed accordingly.

From April 1st 2021, all 45 Yrs+ age citizens are eligible for vaccination.

Covaxin is available more, Covisheild seems to be lagging a bit as per info available.

Pfizer & Sputnik still are awaiting clearance to be used in India..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, betapilli said:

Pfizer is not available in India. Covaxin ante bharat biotech da? They reported 82% efficacy. AstraZeneca di 68% efficacy. 

Yes

India’s homegrown vaccine Covaxin, which is manufactured by Bharat Biotech, and Covishield, which is made from the Oxford-AstraZeneca master seed by Serum Institute of India (SII). 

4 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

COVISHIELD vesthunaaru India lo....lot of my family members had taken and they are doing fine 

• Thanks 1