DevOps Engineer role with Infosys for $45/hr

zarathustra

5 hours ago, zarathustra said:

Job Title: DevOps Engineer

Location: Austin, TX / Sunnyvale, CA (Remote till Covid ends)

Duration: 6 Months Contract

Required Skills:

·         Minimum 5+ years of experience

·         Minimum 2 years of experience in Python

With Apple end client anta, anyone interested do festival

Kaka H1b deserve this only 

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky said:

real story - 10 years back: 

TCS approached for architect role at fortune50 company.. contract to hire, hyped up the position  saying you'll be working with CTO directly etc... i made the mistake of not asking for rate - as I know how much architect at that company makes. I assumed they'll pay me equivalent hourly or w-2 pay. 

not joking - i had 2 interviews with TCS folks, 3 with  client and they are super impressed and ask me for in person. they said it is formality at this point. TCS sent me a document to sign - $33.75 C2C.  i tried to argue , but I got a reply saying they have people ready to work less and they are losing 3$ profit by going out instead of hiring within TCS. their internal rate is 30$ blah blah... 

i got another offer by that time and ignored. I said I won't go for interview and sent Thank you mail.. but client wanted me so bad that TCS NA head called me to beg me to go to interview and he promised "competitive rate" for 6 months I need to be contract. I asked how much and he said in his own words "offer that I can't refuse" - that guy saw God father looks like...  another guy sent another glorious email saying how lucky that rate is increased to 35.75 - a whopping 2$ which he never heard of in his 25 year career. 

I took screen shots and sent them to the client email IDs I have... i basically apologized and said I don't want to come to interview to waste each others time. I was impressed with client interviewers and don't want to burn bridges at client. 

What happened next is unimaginable ... Some TCS VP called me and threatened to deport me to india (i was on GC at that time ) saying they have deep contacts at immigration. 

/end of rant 

Story chala intrest ga vundi bhayya.. Aa tharuvata inka emaina jariginda?

14 minutes ago, JonSnowUSA said:

Story chala intrest ga vundi bhayya.. Aa tharuvata inka emaina jariginda?

They wanted to see my competing offer and see if they can match ...I said it's 4 times and at that time I'm not interested anymore. Apparently I'm black listed from TCS forever...

2 minutes ago, hunkyfunky said:

They wanted to see my competing offer and see if they can match ...I said it's 4 times and at that time I'm not interested anymore. Apparently I'm black listed from TCS forever...

Lucky guy nuvvu ani @LadiesTailor annadu

16 minutes ago, Hydrockers said:

Lucky guy nuvvu ani @LadiesTailor annadu

Anthe kada.. aa rotta batch tho working kastam baa... TCS vallu chana thakkuva ki quote chestaru clients daggara and they expect us to work for peanuts... ela bathakali vaaa... 

20 minutes ago, hunkyfunky said:

Valla bonda black list... 

39 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Valla bonda black list... 

Later I came to know that they ask for competing offer just to know who the other company is...and they have many subsidiaries and they make calls through one of them to threaten the other client / lie that they have their H1 / allege corporate theft etc.... They can go to any extent to get the other contract canceled. Luckily I was on GC and didn't share any detail... 

I'm sharing it for the h1 folks ...stay away from TCS etc. If you can

16 minutes ago, hunkyfunky said:

Later I came to know that they ask for competing offer just to know who the other company is...and they have many subsidiaries and they make calls through one of them to threaten the other client / lie that they have their H1 / allege corporate theft etc.... They can go to any extent to get the other contract canceled. Luckily I was on GC and didn't share any detail... 

I'm sharing it for the h1 folks ...stay away from TCS etc. If you can

Seriously that’s too much bro 

12 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Seriously that’s too much bro 

Witch companies are cut throat is what I learnt...every company has their own techniques...never reveal who is offering better rate or new consulting company ....