Petrol at ₹100 | PM Modi blames previous governments for not cutting import dependence

JackSeal

15 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Excess production by giving subsidies to UP farmers is one of the main reason , sugar mills in that state get easy access to loans because of influence in center . 

Another problem down south is labour cost is almost double or triple that of maharastra / UP . 900/ tonne isthey memu emi thinali  .

Like all stressed industry , lot of mills are going to close shop and many farmers will abandon the crop due to irregular payment . overall sugar plantation will shrink a lot and the prices will automatically rise .

TBH we should have already entered that phase if not for thousands of crores of subsidies by UP/ central govt

Let me know your thoughts on the opinion article:

https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com/energy-speak/what-might-the-future-hold-for-india-s-sugarcane-industry/3890

19 hours ago, JackSeal said:

Oil Import dependence ela cut chestharu vya ... manaku  demand ke saripada crude oil natural reserves levu ... 

I think oil natural resources lekapovadam its a mistake of Nehru.

oil reserves levu anedi stupidity, previous government did not create policies to explore oil, even alternative were not explored like Brazil did with ethanol fuel

India has huge unexplored reserves, i agree Modi cannot complain about prev govts when he is at 6th yr of his governance, he should tell us what steps he has taken to correct those mistakes

enni govt lu marina erri faffa lu ayyedi ee prajale ani DB janam eppudu telusukuntaro

2024 pappu vacchi dollar ni 50 chesta petrol ni 40 chesta antadu. emundi faltoo ppl malla votes vestaru

8 minutes ago, Mirage said:

She is saying high sugar production is here to stay forever due to government support .

I don't buy that argument , sugar has always been a cyclical Industry and it will go back to being one since the subsidies arnt sustainable .

You are also forgetting that sugarcane is not a short term crop , once planted we keep it for atleast 2,3 ratunes .

Oka sari cycle break ayithey malli start cheyadam kastam due to various factors .

Main reason why I think ethanal will not be used widely is water consumption ,the crop requires 1500-3000 liters of water to produce a kilo of sugarcane!

Motham ground water sanka nakipothundhi if ethanol gets high price

19 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

She is saying high sugar production is here to stay forever due to government support .

I don't buy that argument , sugar has always been a cyclical Industry and it will go back to being one since the subsidies arnt sustainable .

You are also forgetting that sugarcane is not a short term crop , once planted we keep it for atleast 2,3 ratunes .

Oka sari cycle break ayithey malli start cheyadam kastam due to various factors .

Main reason why I think ethanal will not be used widely is water consumption ,the crop requires 1500-3000 liters of water to produce a kilo of sugarcane!

Motham ground water sanka nakipothundhi if ethanol gets high price

What about the higher yielding sugarcane varieties? 

10 minutes ago, Mirage said:

What about the higher yielding sugarcane varieties? 

It doesn't matter , Brazil canndo ethanol Because they have so much water . 

India cannot afford that , we need to go full solar 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Okay. One way or the other we would know this in 3-4 years maybe? Let’s see. 

25 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

oil reserves levu anedi stupidity, previous government did not create policies to explore oil, even alternative were not explored like Brazil did with ethanol fuel

India has huge unexplored reserves, i agree Modi cannot complain about prev govts when he is at 6th yr of his governance, he should tell us what steps he has taken to correct those mistakes

huge unexplored reserves ? aeina unexplore cheyakapothe next generations ke ala padi untadhi. what u should know is importing oil resources is much better than depleting our reserves ... this is what US and China does with some natural resources ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_imports

ethanol disadvantage overweigh its advantages ... its net emissions are much higher ... 

6 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Full solar 🙄, as a power industry personnel that is not viable ... already california grid operators epudu unna solar penetration ke unpredictability manage cheyaleka chasthunnaru ... dhanni manage cheyali ante thousands and thousands of MWh batteries kavali ... 

Each solar panel add will increase pain in the ass of grid operators like ERCOT, CAISO

I am happy, atleast now people will think of alternatives... solar, metros, buses, car pooling etc... piss kottataniki kuda cars vadestunnaru people....

But the flip side is it leads to increase in regular commodities and inflation rises out of proportion.

3 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Full solar 🙄, as a power industry personnel that is not viable ... already california grid operators epudu unna solar penetration ke unpredictability manage cheyaleka chasthunnaru ... dhanni manage cheyali ante thousands and thousands of MWh batteries kavali ... 

Each solar panel add will increase pain in the ass of grid operators like ERCOT, CAISO

It is a problem we have to address but if we want energy independence from Arabs , it is the only way , atleast until someone finds nuclear fission .