Who is better actor mohanlal or senior ntr

filterKaapi

5 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Yama gola movie prime example of Sr NTRs savagotti chevulu moose overacting, I don't think I can find one movie from Mohanlal's entire career where he over acted even half that much

NTR chaala movies lo baaga chesaaru n as far as TFI no match but later stages overacting but still among best Indian actors.

4 minutes ago, undarware_troller said:

Totally agree. 

Yea chaala saarlu choosa Vanaprastham because my sister was a Kathakali dancer n she played so many times . He deserved a national award for it.

More than awards his dedication to playing that role is just unmatched. Goosebumps scenes movie lo such a tragic tale acted so wonderfully by lalettan. Even mana telugu lo alludugaru movie lo nagumomu ganaleni song choodu original malayalam version, mohan babu gaadu telipoyadu in front of lalettan and his histrionics in that song

4 minutes ago, undarware_troller said:

NTR chaala movies lo baaga chesaaru n as far as TFI no match but later stages overacting but still among best Indian actors.

Emo dude he's super over hyped. Pouranikaalu antaru even vaatilo kooda aa songs and aa pouranikalu narrate chesindi evaru Ghantasala kadaa, anna garikunna kula gajji tho Ghantasala peru popular kakunda choosaru but everyone knows if not for Ghantasala his movies wouldn't have been that popular

5 minutes ago, undarware_troller said:

Even at pouraneekalu annavaru kannada kantheerava Rajkumar better Sr NTR. 

Babruvahana movie choodu kannadi to illustrate my point. Anna gari DVS Karna greatest antaru but that movie also isn't that amazing, English lo oka padam undi "ham". That's a good description of anna gari's performance in that movie

7 minutes ago, undarware_troller said:

ham

verb
hammed; hamming

Definition of ham (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb

: to execute with exaggerated speech or gestures : OVERACT ham it up for the camera

8 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

More than awards his dedication to playing that role is just unmatched. Goosebumps scenes movie lo such a tragic tale acted so wonderfully by lalettan. Even mana telugu lo alludugaru movie lo nagumomu ganaleni song choodu original malayalam version, mohan babu gaadu telipoyadu in front of lalettan and his histrionics in that song

Yes this is what separates him from say current Kamal. NTR in my opinion became lazy n lost his passion so just performed whichever got him money. 

2 minutes ago, undarware_troller said:

Yes this is what separates him from say current Kamal. NTR in my opinion became lazy n lost his passion so just performed whichever got him money. 

NTR mostly had his bhajan batch ready to do bhajana for him at the drop of a hat. 

He got super fat and made a joke of himself with some of the roles he played towards the latter half of his career. 

2 minutes ago, Truth_Holds said:

Sivaji ganeshan, MGR kooda alaane act chese vallu

Sivaji ganesan is an overactor too, agreed. 

MGR antha ga choodaledu so can't comment on him. 

Reason why I didn't include those 2 for comparison

9 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Emo dude he's super over hyped. Pouranikaalu antaru even vaatilo kooda aa songs and aa pouranikalu narrate chesindi evaru Ghantasala kadaa, anna garikunna kula gajji tho Ghantasala peru popular kakunda choosaru but everyone knows if not for Ghantasala his movies wouldn't have been that popular

His earlier movies like Pathala Bhairavi , Mayabazar n Jagadeka Veeruni katha were according me his apogee in performances. 

Hmmm will respectfully disagree about last sentence. Ghantasala yentha goppa narrator/singer aina NTR was the one who convincingly played the roles. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Even at pouraneekalu annavaru kannada kantheerava Rajkumar better Sr NTR. 

Babruvahana movie choodu kannadi to illustrate my point. Anna gari DVS Karna greatest antaru but that movie also isn't that amazing, English lo oka padam undi "ham". That's a good description of anna gari's performance in that movie

Yea haven't seen Rajkumar movies . Will definitely watch.

2 minutes ago, undarware_troller said:

His earlier movies like Pathala Bhairavi , Mayabazar n Jagadeka Veeruni katha were according me his apogee in performances. 

Hmmm will respectfully disagree about last sentence. Ghantasala yentha goppa narrator/singer aina NTR was the one who convincingly played the roles. 

I only mentioned that because people talk as if Sr NTR narrated those lengthy padyalu and sang them in those classical movies. 

But of course Sr NTR was great in mayabazaar and jagadeka veeruni katha, gundamma katha and such roles. He is a great actor no doubt but I don't think his roles were that great in the latter part of his career

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

NTR mostly had his bhajan batch ready to do bhajana for him at the drop of a hat. 

He got super fat and made a joke of himself with some of the roles he played towards the latter half of his career. 

This is one reason i admire Mammotty a lot. He knew his strong suites were when he plays a protagonist who is angry, suave n charismatic. He maintained himslef well. No doubt he can play any role but he is best in roles stated abov