Drishyam 2 : reminds me why I hate malayalam movies.

Raven_Rayes

The plot is fcuking ridiculous. and even that is acceptable because like the filim itself says 'Hero gets lucky in a movie'.. (No spoilers!!)..

You have a retired IG waltzing into an active investigation and nearly kill a girl. apparently this is cinematic realism in malayalam. not to forget, great acting. lol. If Nadiya was insufferable in the version I saw, the malayalam actor playing Geetha is noticeably worse.

And that is the problem I had with the part 1 of the movie also. The liberties malayalam movies take with reality, while they stick to portrayal of them as a functional society where everyone just ploughs along without ever contributing to the chaos around them, and only trying to do the right thing. lol. This smugness is pervasive in all malayalam movies i've watched. glorification of police, glorification of church, of military.. etc.

That is why malayalam movies are plot based, because the characters they create are all uninteresting normies, who just want every1 in the world to leave them alone to be with their families. haha..

• Upvote 1

Special mention to the overall horrible acting in the movie.

and I can count atleast three sub plot threads that are left hanging by the end.

Couple of completely pointless scenes.

Drishyam 2 is even worse than the original. if its possible.

8 minutes ago, johnydanylee said:

Nuvvu em raasavo...neekaina ardham ayyinda?

realism in malayalam movies border on ridiculous. They are neither ground in reality, or in fantasy.

they pick the whiny aspects of their culture, their deference to authority in general, and design their cinematic realism around that.

No wonder malayalis love Telugu movies. Their blockbuster movies are pretty depressing.