Suggest some good series

Sputnik

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Why bad press ? I watched a season or so and stopped. 

You stopped after a season? wow. you got bored of it?

bad press because the show kept expanding its scope without sufficiently addressing mysteries introduced as far back as season 1. 

showmakers were accused of making up the story as it went along.

It was a rage when it first aired. like Prison Break. But I never watched Prison Break. I watched Lost. It was like a cultural phenomenon of the time. People were discussing about what happens in that weeks episode in offices and parties. It was even bigger than Game of Thrones. I've never felt that level of hype for a show ever. The hype fizzled out by season 5.

Lost still had great acting for the most part. Fantastic characters, some of their arcs were botched by uncertainty of the show's continuation. 

The best part was Lost's mythology. Even if it was an incomplete mythology, my god, what a fantastic world Lindelof and co created with this show.

I find it amazing that you dropped after season 1. may be it feels outdated now after almost 20yrs since it first aired. The show was a classic.

I see people knocking down Lost, and praising things like Schitts Creek etc. I just don't understand. There are better shows than Lost, yes. But none had the range of  characters with interesting backstory and an overarching theme for the entire series.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Why bad press ? I watched a season or so and stopped. 

you didn't wanna know what's inside the hatch? hehe..

you have the chill of a god. congrats. haha.

I couldn't stop watching until the very end, even when it got tedious and people were constantly complaining about drop in quality.

Frankly, even with the drop in quality it never went to absolute pits like Game of Thrones did. and in the end, I was satisfied.

23 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

you didn't wanna know what's inside the hatch? hehe..

you have the chill of a god. congrats. haha.

I couldn't stop watching until the very end, even when it got tedious and people were constantly complaining about drop in quality.

Frankly, even with the drop in quality it never went to absolute pits like Game of Thrones did. and in the end, I was satisfied.

I started watching after last season aired... After season 1, just looking at episode guide and IMDb ( bad habit ) made me wait so that I can binge watch... Never got to it. Moved to GoT etc...I never had cable and that's another reason

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

I started watching after last season aired... After season 1, just looking at episode guide and IMDb ( bad habit ) made me wait so that I can binge watch... Never got to it. Moved to GoT etc...I never had cable and that's another reason

I started watching from the first episode. I was in my early 20s, and around the time I was seriously contemplating killing myself after realising that I would never amount to anything in my life. This show was one of the reasons I didn't kill myself.

The show taught me that I don't have to achieve everything I want to, or even anything, and that my day could possibly come. And till that day I can live my dreams through the achievements of others (atleast those who are willing to share theirs).

This show is literally about lost people who find themselves in an island. It came at exactly the right time for me. It has an almost spiritual significance to my life.

I'm forever indebted to Lindelof, JJ Abrams for making this one.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I started watching from the first episode. I was in my early 20s, and around the time I was seriously contemplating killing myself after realising that I would never amount to anything in my life. This show was one of the reasons I didn't kill myself.

The show taught me that I don't have to achieve everything I want to, or even anything, and that my day could possibly come. And till that day I can live my dreams through the achievements of others (atleast those who are willing to share theirs).

This show is literally about lost people who find themselves in an island. It came at exactly the right time for me. It has an almost spiritual significance to my life.

I'm forever indebted to Lindelof, JJ Abrams for making this one.

Wow....I didn't get the depth of the series in season 1...I was watching it just as a thriller/mystery..

Let me find a source to watch it now

Just now, hunkyfunky2 said:

Wow....I didn't get the depth of the series in season 1...I was watching it just as a thriller/mystery..

Pls don't blame me if you find the 'depth' missing.

Its just me adding all the missing pieces when I describe this show, because this show will always be a personal favourite of mine.

a lot of people thought that the show never really delivered its promise.

2 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Even if you find no philosophical 'depth', you'll find the best written characters on any TV series.. not just one or two or three.. but dozens, with complete backstories and amazing character arcs. None of them are one dimensional characters.

I never understood the hate that Lost received at the time of its airing. It set a tandard that was impossible to achieve for any TV show since, may be. purely in mythological./narrative scope.

some of the things the show touches upon on season 5 veers into cuckoo territory, and I still enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1

There's one one-dimensional character in Lost. I forgot. Her name is Juliet. worst acting on top poorly written confusing character. besides her, every1 is top notch.