Mortgage moratorium ending in 3 months, does it have impact on housing prices

JackSeal

1 minute ago, JackSeal said:

Moratorium end means more foreclosures, will this drive prices down ?

Ledu bhayya. Mortgage companies are offering loss mit options with reduced interest rate and payments to keep them from foreclosing. Aa daridram eppudu end aiddani wait chestunna. Reporting antha dobbinchesaru forbearance teeskunna vaallu.

Problem is house prices won’t keep going up for  ever 

you will see stagnation and once it stagnates you will see the ripple effects 

and drop in prices will be noted around 

1 hour ago, JackSeal said:

Yes. impact will be high for high purchase prices houses like >400k as per my guess. Lot of people right now living on pay check to pay check. Once forbearance ends, missed payments will be added to regular monthly pmts. It will be burden for many. Some people will defenitely put house on market to cash in on hype and demand for houses. 

but this might not benefit anything in dallas, silicon valley, austin, rtp, connectivut etc. hot markets. Current environment is not good for buyers as many supply chain issues nationwide. lumber shortage is high. one realtor 2 weeks back telling me, there is backlog for windows for atleast 10 months. you can imagine how bad it is. my best advice is to get prepare for 15 year old houses or town homes with little maintenance. Chasing and Waiting always does not result in getting what you want. my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, sunnam said:

Yes. impact will be high high purchase prices like >400k as per my guess. Lot of people right now pay check to pay check. Once forbearance ends, missed payments will be added to regular monthly pmts. It will be burden for many. Some people will defenitely put house on market to cash in on hype and demand for houses. 

but this might not benefit anything in dallas, silicon valley, austin, rtp, connectivut etc. hot markets. my best advice is to get prepare for 15 year old houses or town homes with little maintenance. Chasing and Waiting always does not result in getting what you want. my 2 cents.

They are adding at the end of the loan bro they are not adding to regular payments confirmed news at least union bank, maa friend gadu edo credit union rendu they added to the end no impact to monthly payments

6 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

They are adding at the end of the loan bro they are not adding to regular payments confirmed news at least union bank, maa friend gadu edo credit union rendu they added to the end no impact to monthly payments

1 year forbearance lo min 25k missed. They will equate it along with additional interest over remaining term and price will defenitely increase for >400k houses. it is not that easy.  Banks are not in business for charity you know.

1 hour ago, Veeriveera said:

Most of the people who are buying houses have nothing to do with this moratorium prices will go up and up

Edi Emi logic ... if people are foreclosing houses in market available if more house then less demand then prices will stabilize or will go down ..nothing will go up for ever in straight line has to dip at certain point

1 minute ago, sunnam said:

1 year forbearance lo min 25k missed. They will equate it along with additional interest over remaining term and price will defenitely increase for >400k houses. it is not that easy.  Banks are not in business for charity you know.

They are not doing it bro ade xheptuna as already the interest rates were high before pandemic than present, one year forbearance ante chala mandiki no refinance chance , they continue the same rate and push the payments to the end, as you said it might add a up interest 

57 minutes ago, macha said:

Edi Emi logic ... if people are foreclosing houses in market available if more house then less demand then prices will stabilize or will go down ..nothing will go up for ever in straight line has to dip at certain point

Red flower lekka unnav 

2 hours ago, JackSeal said:

Nope housing prices will never drop drastically , the entire US financial system is built upon ensuring that there are no shocks in the housing market . 

They would rather crash the dollar than housing go down

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Nope housing prices will never drop drastically , the entire US financial system is built upon ensuring that there are no shocks in the housing market . 

They would rather crash the dollar than housing go down

Same dialogue in 2008 I guess 

Nothing will crash until something 

2 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Same dialogue in 2008 I guess 

Nothing will crash until something 

2008 was different , they learnerd . Look at the amount of debt US govt has taken on since then .

8Tril $ last year alone . and Biden is going to pump in another 5 Tril$ debt