Excellence of Tamil nadu dravidian politics.

Telugodura456

10 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Antha scene ledhu. Tamil nadu started because of Andhra movement. Telugu people were the first to run a movement to divide india on linguistic basis. Neither Nehru nor Rajaji wanted to divde madras presidency. Aa tamil nadu vacchinde andhra movement valla. I am not saying it due to arrogance. Simple historical events.

one way or other way both states formed at same time 

andhra pradesh roots are from madras presidency which is current tamil nadu antunna, if you go to Coimbatore you will see lot of telugu people over there

manodu pride antunte , pride kanna indian historical connections chala unnayi ani chepthunna

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

There was a time when i used to think AP was better due to sendral than TN. AP looked wealthier, the roads were wider, shop frontage looked more expensive than TN etc . But know i realize sendraal with his meaningless running behind development instead of focusing on justice actually weakened AP .Both caste wise justice and region wise justice are much more important than stupid trickle down development which first starts with ruling caste. Delhi would not dare (atleast now) to divide TN like it did with AP. It cut AP like a joke with no articulated reason in the bill  - parliament doors closed no debate noting - and then proceeded not to fulfil any of the promises made  to AP.

That's because your narrow world of AP only revovled around Hyderabad and comparing it with Chennai . 

https://youtu.be/maGKwj_KZtQ

AP's literacy , infant mortality and health care were literally competing with bihar , UP and in some cases worse than bihar .

But you lived in bubble of Hyderabad . AP had the lowest GDP growth in south india from 94-2004 , while Hyderabad grew a lot , other parts of state were willfully stagnated and left to rot .

I want to know whats your definition of "development" if GDP growth and investments are below par 

Best part of tamil nadu is it's not all about Chennai , they have some decent cities down south but they also stagnated a lot in the last ten years 

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

That's because your narrow world of AP only revovled around Hyderabad and comparing it with Chennai . 

AP's literacy , infant mortality and health care were literally competing with bihar , UP and in some cases worse than bihar .

But you lived in bubble of Hyderabad . AP had the lowest GDP growth in south india from 94-2004 , while Hyderabad grew a lot , other parts of state were willfully stagnated and left to rot .

Best part of tamil nadu is it's not all about Chennai , they have some decent cities down south but they also stagnated a lot in the last ten years 

It is true that a lot of states have caught up with TN on the economy. 

but TN was Bihar level in the 70s, and the progress is stunning. 

economy - its not a race. even though the way it is organized forces states to treat it as a race.

I'm not really bothered about TN's economy. Its reasonably healthy. And I'm not impressed by ideas floating around to give it the necessary boost.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

It is true that a lot of states have caught up with TN on the economy. 

but TN was Bihar level in the 70s, and the progress is stunning. 

economy - its not a race. even though the way it is organized forces states to treat it as a race.

I'm not really bothered about TN's economy. Its reasonably healthy. And I'm not impressed by ideas floating around to give it the necessary boost.

Aayana statement ichadu sendral ran around development ani but at no time during United AP sendral rule did they cross tamil nadu , not even a single year. Not in investments , not in infrastructure , not in gdp growth.

perhaps he meant development means real estate wealth growth in the hands of particular section of society , if that counts as development AP did a remarkable job

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

Aayana statement ichadu sendral ran around development ani but at no time during United AP did they cross tamil nadu , not even a single year. Not in investments , not in infrastructure , not in gdp growth.

perhaps he meant development means real estate wealth growth in the hands of particular section of society , if that counts as development AP did a remarkable job

TG is doing fabulously well, atleast by economy numbers. HDI remains a lot to be desired though.

anyway not just him, even Tamilians thought CBN was the model CM, and were mocking Karunanidhi. Do you remember that Arjun film Mudhalvan? It was literally based on CBN as the hero, and mocking karunanidhi. such was CBN's hold on PR duing those days.

for all DMK's support among intellectual class in TN, and decent media support, they never were able to stop negative reports on DMK. Which Jayalalitha promptly did when she came to power in 2011, by simply foisting false cases on reporters. result : people actually believe that ADMK is not a rowdy party, and that DMK is. 

its all perception.

• Upvote 1

TN leaders, especially Karunanidhi was visionary in the 70s, and then MGR followed up on many of his ideas but mostly TN's dark days were with him as CM. Thankfully MGR and Jaya passed away without further hurting TN.

I hope DMK does well by TN again.

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

TG is doing fabulously well, atleast by economy numbers. HDI remains a lot to be desired though.

anyway not just him, even Tamilians thought CBN was the model CM, and were mocking Karunanidhi. Do you remember that Arjun film Mudhalvan? It was literally based on CBN as the hero, and mocking karunanidhi. such was CBN's hold on PR duing those days.

for all DMK's support among intellectual class in TN, and decent media support, they never were able to stop negative reports on DMK. Which Jayalalitha promptly did when she came to power in 2011, by simply foisting false cases on reporters. result : people actually believe that ADMK is not a rowdy party, and that DMK is. 

its all perception.

DMK did encourage rowdy gangs to maintain their political hegemony . It's not even a debate I personally witnessed many gangs operating out of royapuram and Jayalalithaa made them disperse . 

While Karunanidhi did do a lot of good , he also turned the Dravidian movement into a family affair . When annadurai died  he didn't even have any assets left for his family except a small house , Karunanidhi left a large empire. 

We cannot ignore his drawbacks but at the same time we should not ignore his achivements

all those idiots who claim Stalin is rapist or some such lame sh1t.

I still remember a neighbourhood uncle telling her daughter who was on parade to not look at Stalin's side when she walks past him.

it was literally legend across Chennai that Stalin was a rapist. and you get to see the guy in the past 10yrs, seems like a tame guy who's enjoying vacations with his wife and is not afraid to post pics of that on insta.

I mean how many 60+ leaders even take their wives on a vacation? It was endearing.

even though Stalin looks like a dumbfcuk, I trust DMK to attract the brightest in TN.

18 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I want to know whats your definition of "development" if GDP growth and investments are below par 

I wasnt talking about hyd. Literacy gatra are just some pointers. In india statistic collection is very poor. The difference in late 90s and early 2000s between TN and AP was very significant. I still remeber buying a ticket from TNSTC and APSRTC. in TNSTC he scribbled somethign in shabby paper as ticket and the bus did not even have class windows but some thick curtains you need to drag down. Dimensions were as if it was designed for chidlren. in APSRTC he showed me a computer layout of bus asked me to pick a seat and a computer printed it out. Bus had proper glass windows. Once you cross TN and move to AP - difference was obvous. Everything was wider in chittor of AP - the roads the road margins left for parksing. the shop fronts used granite etc. It felt good to be in AP.  But in reality AP was getting weakened.

Alos hyd hyd antu antha chulakanaga matladuthunnav. Antha easy na oka city development cheyyadam. India lo ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

DMK did encourage rowdy gangs to maintain their political hegemony . It's not even a debated I personally witnessed many gangs operating out of royapuram and Jayalalithaa made them disperse . 

While Karunanidhi did do a lot of good , he also turned the Dravidian movement into a family affair . When annadurai died  he didn't even have any assets left for his family except a small house , Karunanidhi left a large empire. 

We cannot ignore his drawbacks but at the same time we should not ignore his achivements

dude, Satyam's owners were literally forced to sell to Sasikala's gang. Jayalalitha monopolised rowdyism. Karunanidhi just managed local and unconnected gangs.

54 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

BJP and RSS made them dumbs by their divide and rule policy using religion and region politics

aunu nuvvu konni nelala mundu jagan anna ni support chesav ilane 

10 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

its all perception.

So everyone was fooled apart from you ? you should have humility to accept some good things too. Over all CBN was bad because he did not focus on justice. But his achievements are not PR - it was palpable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

So everyone was fooled apart from you ? you should have humility to accept some good things too. Over all CBN was bad because he did not focus on justice. But his achievements are not PR - it was palpable.

I didn't say anything about CBN. I just said that people in Chennai thought highly of him, enough to ridicule their sitting chief minister. 

people in Chennai similarly think high of Jagan now. Again, I have no comment to make on that.

31 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Dravidian movement came into being way before Andhra movement. When Congress boycotted 1920s elections, Justice party sneaked into power in Madras, and they started a slew of social programs like opening 10s of thousands of schools.. which were closed when Rajaji came back to power, because the fcuker prefers caste based schooling.

There was a movement to secede from India long before Andhra movement. Part of it was also because of resentment at Telugus capturing power in Madras inspite of being a minority there.

Dravidian movement was not tamil movement. Tamil nadu came in to being only with agitation of andhra people. But yes Periyar wanted south to seccede. Unfortunately many of our ancestors failed to undestand the significance of india. The muslims did better than us.