State govt IT projects

zarathustra

58 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Secure untayanta ga nijamena

pension gatra kooda osthayi retire ayithe vaatilo

anyone working for state govt projects full time? 

Yes they are secure . You can get FT even with H1b which you dont care being Citizen anyways  . Their salaries are very low to accept FT .  Pension plan doesn’t apply to new hires now . But valla medical coverage avi counts to some hours which is awesome . I can recommend you for FT if interested . I am sure you won’t be happy with the numbers though @3$%

52 minutes ago, Somedude said:

I knew some who worked on H1B in the past.

You are correct . I was asked to become FT as well . That numbers are half of what I make so I said NO. 

9 minutes ago, Amrita said:

You are correct . I was asked to become FT as well . That numbers are half of what I make so I said NO. 

Those are the ones requiring some sort of security clearance.

4 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Those are the ones requiring some sort of security clearance.

Agreed. They hire H1b for security clearance roles too . Mari top security clearance tesukoru. This is more on federal projects . States easy aey talent unte they encourage . At least the place I work believes in hiring from outside as usually okakallu 20+ Years in organization and believes they are not upto mark in market . 

• Upvote 2

for some positions they require a USC, for some GC would do 

About how to get it, you can browse their career site. Also it would take min 4-6 months, as you need to go through an exam, their own exam, you have to take that test, get through it, fill out some long long application forms, upload in their portals, and do all necessary stuff that they list out step by step, and then you have to wait, manager will go through all those steps, if he/she are good with all your stuff, then they try to schedule an interview, all this process  would take a min of 4-6 months, this is for a FT offer, 

For contracts contact their prime agencies, depending on the state agencies will differ, no long hassle process for contracts, if all good and you fell in the right spot or department, and no budget issues (mostly no), the project will go forever like 10 years 15 years as well. 

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, zarathustra said:

Yes very safe like Indian govt jobs, low pay, less work pressure but you have to be at work everyday(covid May be exception), even in snow storms they expect you to be at work or take off and excellent benefits. When I say low pay even director level ppl get paid below $100k

2 hours ago, zarathustra said:

State govt jobs ki FT dorakatam not too easy but modable. Right place right time untey dorkochu... work chill pay depends.

kudirthey federal govt jobs /projects try cheyy bro! 

Developer aithe you won’t  learn much in state projects. Mostly legacy systems meeda vuntayi so proj ayyaka bayatki oste outdated avtavu.

pros: super chill environment and long lasting projects.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Developer aithe you won’t  learn much in state projects. Mostly legacy systems meeda vuntayi so proj ayyaka bayatki oste outdated avtavu.

pros: super chill environment and long lasting projects.

This is not the case always . We are working on angular 11 , spring boot , moving to GCP , git blah blah blah . But I agree they totally depend on projects . Konni projects states will share . Baga funding untundi vatiki. Akkada no compromise on technology . 

Contarct pattu bro pay ki pay timepass ki timepass...nenu working as a contractor for state..chill environment..bore kotti sasta konni sarlu emi cheyalo artam kaaka

• Upvote 1