Developer to Manager h1b issues

frnds

Can we move from developer to manager role while on h1b. Got more than 12yrs of experience. What issues with h1 and gc? Did anyone try? 
did anyone get expert education evaluation?

my ex colleage (full time in a company) went through this process. attorney is murthy

company filed EB3 for him in 2008

when he wanted to switch from dev - lead around 2018 murthy attorney said they had to do I-140 again as job responsibilites changed significantly.. appataki dates current levu kabatti he went ahead.

then filing date got current for him and murthy applied for 485 based on old 140 ( new 140 was in process).

when new 140 was approved murthy firm applied for interfiling to port 485 from old 140 to new 140.

once a lead he can switch to manager if job responsibilities are same.

35 minutes ago, vokatonumberkurrodu said:

my ex colleage (full time in a company) went through this process. attorney is murthy

company filed EB3 for him in 2008

when he wanted to switch from dev - lead around 2018 murthy attorney said they had to do I-140 again as job responsibilites changed significantly.. appataki dates current levu kabatti he went ahead.

then filing date got current for him and murthy applied for 485 based on old 140 ( new 140 was in process).

when new 140 was approved murthy firm applied for interfiling to port 485 from old 140 to new 140.

once a lead he can switch to manager if job responsibilities are same.

Good info. Did he got GC ?

On anther note, he fought very hard for porting to eb2 for several years...

but murthy said it can only happen is job requirements says MS + 3 or BS + 5 experience is mandatory.

since this company is a not-for-profit and all requirements are BS OR Relevant experience, the current job requirements are not fit for EB2. Which means BS is not even mandatory for any position in the company.

company was unwilling to create a position just for a few people.

so he ended up in EB3.

Thanks for the info guys.. need some boosting.. current client daggara sr admin role lo vunna and leading the team that includes FTE. Manager got promotion last year and he is still letting me lead, so wanted to ask him if they can take full time.

kani naa current employer ohh vedhava, file cheseppudu lead pettara ante, software developer ani pettadu...

13 minutes ago, frnds said:

Also dev to mana Ante Mba vundali adhi idhi antara h1 filing appudu?

Nope . Many progress from technical side to management . MBA em requirement kadu for that role . 

15 hours ago, Amrita said:

Nope . Many progress from technical side to management . MBA em requirement kadu for that role . 

Thanks so much.. I’m going to ask the manager.. hopefully lawyers addu cheppakunda vunte better

On 4/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, NewPeanut said:

Same company kabbati Adhi Career Progression kinda consider chetaru...shouldn't impact your G C...

Same company kaadu, client ni adagali fte.. he said he’ll take me ft but need to ask if he can make me manager.. asale tellolla pakshapatam okati vuntadhi kada

• Like 1