Fertiliser Subsidy Hiked by 140%, PM's Office Says "Historic Decision"

Jambhalheart

The Centre will offer a whopping 140 per cent increase in subsidy on fertiliser to offset the price rise in international market, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's office said today. The government will spend an additional₹ 14,775 crore towards this subsidy, pushing the total to around  95,000 crore. "Prime Minster Narendra Modi has said farmers should get fertilisers at old rates despite the international price rise… The welfare of farmers is at the core of government's efforts," the PM's office said in a statement.

The government said the farmers will get a subsidy of  1,200 per bag of fertiliser instead of the current  500. With the hike in global process, the cost of a bag of DAP or Di-Ammonium Phosphate, is working out at  2,400. But the farmers will continue to get a bag of fertiliser at last year's prices, which is  1,200.  

The government will spend an additional 14,775 crore towards this subsidy, pushing the total to around  95,000 crore.

140%  penchite only 14775 cr ekkuva avvuda? 

modi jumla

7 hours ago, Hydrockers said:

The government will spend an additional 14,775 crore towards this subsidy, pushing the total to around  95,000 crore.

140%  penchite only 14775 cr ekkuva avvuda? 

modi jumla

Only on DAP ,  so only P of the NPK .

13 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

self goal eskodam lo bhaktuley number 1

is the subsidy for farmers or a freebie for the fertilizer companies? lol.

Both , actually most of the fertiliser companies are suffering from indecisive nature of this govt .

They act too slow 

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Both , actually most of the fertiliser companies are suffering from indecisive nature of this govt .

They act too slow 

how would the fertilizer company suffer if their list price is met either through a part subsidy or by the farmer?

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

how would the fertilizer company suffer if their list price is met either through a part subsidy or by the farmer?

Because international potash and phosphate prices have shot up a lot due to covid lockdown .

And we import most of of our usage . This is just bandage for the losses already suffered

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Because international potash and phosphate prices have shot up a lot due to covid lockdown .

And we import most of of our usage . This is just bandage for the losses already suffered

I don't understand. are the fertilizers under some sort of price control?

so did they allow the companies to increase the price to 2400rs, or increase the subsidy to cover the existing retail price of 2400?

I have no idea about all this. I read the simple summary, and the first thing that strikes me is, the money goes to the fertilizer companies.. not the farmers.

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't understand. are the fertilizers under some sort of price control?

so did they allow the companies to increase the price to 2400rs, or increase the subsidy to cover the existing retail price of 2400?

I have no idea about all this. I read the simple summary, and the first thing that strikes me is, the money goes to the fertilizer companies.. not the farmers.

Yes they have price control even though they were deregulated like petrol , diesel. 

I know a guy who works in murugappa group , they are finding it extremely hard to communicate with center . UPA lo ayithey it was easy , you pay some percentage to the minister and things move forward.

Modi govt is in full policy paralysis mode , they are causing more harm to the sector than corruption ever did.