Funny/Interesting memes

Shameless

I am white. I’m French Canadian. I was once told to “speak white” by an American... because I said "bonjour" rather than "hi" to a customer coming in the restaurant. IN QUÉBEC!

From Redditor u/JoeyGeezy:

After telling the guy sitting next to me on a plane I was an Australian Aboriginal:

Guy: Wait, Aboriginal means you are Indigenous to that country.

Me: Yes.

Guy: That can't be possible...

Me: Ummm, why?

Guy: Because the British were the first people to settle Australia; they are white and you are brown. You must be Polynesian.

Me: Let me tell you a little story that goes back 60,000 years.

• Haha 2

From Redditor u/Vertebrae_Viking:

At customs in LAX [Los Angeles International Airport]:

Customs Agent: Where are you from?

Me: Denmark.

CA : Sir, please don’t lie about your nationality.

Me: Excuse me?

CA: Denmark isn’t a real country; now please tell me your country of origin.

Me: Sir, you are literally holding my passport, which is from Denmark, in your hand. How can you sit there and tell me that my country doesn’t exist?!

CA: Sir, Denmark is a region of Sweden, and not a recognized independent nation.

The Swedes would be fond of this encounter.

"I didn't know it was this cold in Cuba." We are in Spain. Spain, Europe. Stupid f*cker came to university here on a scholarship for six months and didn't even know which country he was coming in to, nor thought it was strange how long the flight was. He also didn't think about Googling the place to see where it was, the weather... dunno, INFORMATION about the place he was going to live for six months.

Only packed flip-flops, T-shirts, and shorts. We're in the north of Spain; we have UK weather. He had to spend quite a bit for winter clothes in October because he had nothing to wear. He was also bummed because he couldn't find tacos here (you can).

10,952 VOTES
Facepalm-worthy?
  • Haha 1

I was asked if France is part of the United Kingdom. When I tried explaining to him what the United Kingdom is, he told me England is no longer part of the UK because of Brexit.

Had a taxi driver in New York ask how we got there (from Ireland). When we said by plane, he was like, "You have airports?!"

Also thought we were still getting around on horses.

I was a volunteer tour guide in Alexandria, Egypt, for a couple of years, and I got a lot of interesting comments.

Some of my favorites from Americans:

"Wow, you have computers in Egypt?"

"We came to see the REAL library. You know, the old one."

"Why don't people in the street speak English?"

"Where can I get some normal food?"

And my personal favorite: "How did the ancient Egyptians learn before the Greeks taught them how to read?"

• Haha 2