DevOps/SRE

GOLA MANOJ

Hi,

Anybody working as a SRE or DevOps Engineer with Operations background? What kind of tasks does an ops guy get in DevOps role and can suggest any courses either for SRE or DevOps in ops perspective? Most of the courses available on Udemy or online are developer centric which explain about creating pipelines with code build, code analysis , building docker images etc. But I am looking for something that is purely for Linux admin background.

Thanks in advance

Eeyala repu Ops Dev separate em ledu bro try to learn development as soon as you can to have a sustainable career in this field. 

Configuration management, infrastructure as code(terraform), monitoring the performance of your applications in real time, generating those dashboards, scheduling microservices orchestration using Kubernetes etc all are essential tasks for your background

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Eeyala repu Ops Dev separate em ledu bro try to learn development as soon as you can to have a sustainable career in this field. 

Configuration management, infrastructure as code(terraform), monitoring the performance of your applications in real time, generating those dashboards, scheduling microservices orchestration using Kubernetes etc all are essential tasks for your background

Thanks for the suggestions bro. Currently I am working as a Devops engineer but the work I am doing is not related to my background, Linux. I have experience on Ansible, Terraform and knowledge on Kubernetes.  Is Python development good for the future? 

4 minutes ago, GOLA MANOJ said:

Thanks for the suggestions bro. Currently I am working as a Devops engineer but the work I am doing is not related to my background, Linux. I have experience on Ansible, Terraform and knowledge on Kubernetes.  Is Python development good for the future? 

Absolutely. It's essential not just good. Learn Python and maybe even Java