preschool(daycare) or Montessori for Pre-K

Venkatlukky

Hi bro,

need suggestion or advice, which is better for pre-K, pre school(day care ) or montessori, my kid is 4 years old, looking for admission in this fall.please share the info and opinions as per experience .

6 minutes ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi bro,

need suggestion or advice, which is better for pre-K, pre school(day care ) or montessori, my kid is 4 years old, looking for admission in this fall.please share the info and opinions as per experience .

Manchi montesseri kodiga different untadi style of teaching , but very expensive in my area almost 700$ diff unde for half day ,

i just sent him to kiddie acadamey ani oka chain unde , it was ok not bad , your choice and reviews iin youor area either wasy doenst matter much because elagu 5 avuthe most of them go to public school

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

i sent to montesseri...first kid..

second also will go there same place..

weekly it was 700 for 5 days

weekly 700 aaaa .... baby crying GIF

Quality wise Montessori any day. 

But practically may or may not make sense. 

In our case - Montessori is $2400/mo and regular preschool is ~$1500 and School system backed ones are $1000 per month.

Initially we enrolled in Montessori but even before joining we cancelled our application and decided to send to school system backed paid preschool. Our reasoning was - we will send him to public school in 2 years anyway. If we plan to continue him in Montessori during elementary then it may make sense the extra $$ but after some thought decided to send to normal one. 

In some areas montessori is almost same as preschool - in that case Montessori wins anyday.

There is public pre-K if your ISD has that program… this is for low income kids and ESL… you can try ESL and see if your kid is eligible for it… 

• 2 years later...

Whichever path you choose, trust your instincts and consider what will best suit your child's personality and learning style. Good luck.

On 4/14/2024 at 2:12 AM, AvramFaind said:

Whichever path you choose, trust your instincts and consider what will best suit your child's personality and learning style. Good luck.

Choosing between preschool and Montessori can be tough, but it really depends on your child's needs and your preferences.
I remember when my niece was around the same age, we were in a similar dilemma. We ultimately opted for Montessori because of its emphasis on independence and hands-on learning. It was amazing to see her thrive in that environment, exploring at her own pace and developing a love for learning.
However, I've also heard great things about traditional preschools, especially for kids who thrive in structured settings.
If you're leaning towards Montessori, you might want to check out some alphabet & letters worksheets online to supplement their learning at https://www.firstworksheets.com/alphabet-letters/tracing/tracing-alphabet/. It's a fun way to reinforce what they're learning in a Montessori environment.