Have we foregone our traditional architecture/constructions style

hyperbole

For most of India except for some parts in Kerela, Northern parts like kashmir and shimla, goa we have completely foregone our traditional/style architecture in our constructions, we have completely moved to plain brick and motar with no life or pride in our history, just for comparison Mediterranean and Mexicans also use brick and motar but they still preserved their architectural style, layouts, especially the stucco etc.

even countries like Vietnam have preserved their style. Koreans and Japanese have their  mark. Thailand too..all these asian countries are very crafty with wood and still use a lot of wood in their constructions

• Upvote 2

Sadly my ancestral  home is in ruins and my father choose to abandon it few years ago in favor of a modern structure and in fact there are hardly any houses left with tiled roof(penkutillu) in my village now either people have moved to asbestos/aluminum sheets or a concrete slab

• hyperbole changed the title to Have we foregone our traditional architecture/constructions style

Are you eating same jonna Annan like our ancestors ?

are you doing any physical activity like our grandparents who were farmers ?

are you living in india and protecting our culture of staying with ummadi kutumbam?

if you aren’t doing it, then why should you expect everything to be going back to roots?

1 minute ago, DesiPokiri said:

Are you eating same jonna Annan like our ancestors ?

are you doing any physical activity like our grandparents who were farmers ?

are you living in india and protecting our culture of staying with ummadi kutumbam?

if you aren’t doing it, then why should you expect everything to be going back to roots?

so many other countries less developed than ours are preserving and manamu why not  anedi question?

My rant is in hope to make people here give a thought atleast if in future they pursue a farm house or a village house. 

I am trying to utilize my land in hometown to use old structure using wood and slates ..step wise..

kaani construction experts dorakatham ledhu bro..Step wise kaavali two floors kinda and a roof on top..

kinda large hall with two rooms and kitchen and manduva.

paina one room of size of hall below 

aa paina wooden slab  with wooden case.

also another issue is termites are very much in India for the Tropical climate..

its my dream house with backyard garden and Well..

fertile land and godavari basin ..

Natural coolants kaavali  ..chuttu elaaga coconut trees unnayi

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ranku_mogudu said:

I am trying to utilize my land in hometown to use old structure using wood and slates ..step wise..

kaani construction experts dorakatham ledhu bro..Step wise kaavali two floors kinda and a roof on top..

also another issue is termites are very much in India for the Tropical climate..

But Doolalu meedha kattadam anedhi art which I dont think easy to find.. chuttu pakkala distant villages lo try chesthunnaru... 2023 is target..  paina pettistha like daba and kinda room ki slant lo

16 minutes ago, ranku_mogudu said:

Sadly this is true, forget traditional construction kaka modern construction kuda sakkaga chese vallu leru, they do half hearted work for the sake of doing it.

classic example ee roju veemulawada temple photos evvaro post chesindru, damn 1000 year temple gopiranaki made with stone ki white paint esindru - people don’t have aesthetic sense to appreciate the raw beauty and that too they did a shabby job

4 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Sadly this is true, forget traditional construction kaka modern construction kuda sakkaga chese vallu leru, they do half hearted work for the sake of doing it.

classic example ee roju veemulawada temple photos evvaro post chesindru, damn 1000 year temple gopiranaki made with stone ki white paint esindru - people don’t have aesthetic sense to appreciate the raw beauty and that too they did a shabby job

Stone ki unna beauty ee veru

3 minutes ago, Heroin said:

Eppudu costly emo wood tho doolalu cheyatledu kada evaru

Ledu bro, look at Vietnam, thailand constructions, they have perfectly merged traditional construction into modern. Check out YouTube and you will be surprised with the level of detail and professionalism  even for ordinary houses

14 minutes ago, ranku_mogudu said:

But Doolalu meedha kattadam anedhi art which I dont think easy to find.. chuttu pakkala distant villages lo try chesthunnaru... 2023 is target..  paina pettistha like daba and kinda room ki slant lo

Hehe..its tricky and tough but doable.

Maa oorla Maa ancestral home almost half kulipoindi…but remaining half ni restore chesinam. Chekka doolalu ki walls four corners la concrete pillars esi, doolala mida 4 inch concrete roof, walls ni light ga chekki one layer of limestone tho ne plastering chesinam…could restore some of the old look…

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Ledu bro, look at Vietnam, thailand constructions, they have perfectly merged traditional construction into modern. Check out YouTube and you will be surprised with the level of detail and professionalism  even for ordinary houses

Manavallu lazy fellows 🥱

54 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

For most of India except for some parts in Kerela, Northern parts like kashmir and shimla, goa we have completely foregone our traditional/style architecture in our constructions, we have completely moved to plain brick and motar with no life or pride in our history, just for comparison Mediterranean and Mexicans also use brick and motar but they still preserved their architectural style, layouts, especially the stucco etc.

even countries like Vietnam have preserved their style. Koreans and Japanese have their  mark. Thailand too..all these asian countries are very crafty with wood and still use a lot of wood in their constructions

Mastaru asalu kerala lo illu vere madhiri anni imported saraku. 

Veranada is such an amazing concept, inti madyla veranda which lets natural light in, intloki ragane kallu chestulu kadukoniki kuda ade place use chesevallamu

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Veranada is such an amazing concept, inti madyla veranda which lets natural light in, intloki ragane kallu chestulu kadukoniki kuda ade place use chesevallamu

Varsham padinappudu aa beauty veru veranda ki 😍