Have we foregone our traditional architecture/constructions style

hyperbole

3 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

Mastaru asalu kerala lo illu vere madhiri anni imported saraku. 

Like? What I observed is that they still follow roofing(albiet mocked) and layout in general they seem to follow some hints from the past like wide open courtyards , vernadas and use of wood and stucco which mimics the traditional look

43 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Sadly this is true, forget traditional construction kaka modern construction kuda sakkaga chese vallu leru, they do half hearted work for the sake of doing it.

classic example ee roju veemulawada temple photos evvaro post chesindru, damn 1000 year temple gopiranaki made with stone ki white paint esindru - people don’t have aesthetic sense to appreciate the raw beauty and that too they did a shabby job

Chuss 

45 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Veranada is such an amazing concept, inti madyla veranda which lets natural light in, intloki ragane kallu chestulu kadukoniki kuda ade place use chesevallamu

Logillu antaaremo kada . Inti madhyalo oka square shape lo untundi

1 hour ago, Heroin said:

Eppudu costly emo wood tho doolalu cheyatledu kada evaru

yeah,  mamulu wood tho kooda cheyyatley..paaka /chinna pentiki illu varaku cheyalagam.. my plan is for like ummadi illu for me,my family and inlaws

Just now, ranku_mogudu said:

yeah,  mamulu wood tho kooda cheyyatley..paaka /chinna pentiki illu varaku cheyalagam.. my plan is for like ummadi illu for me,my family and inlaws

Nice bro. 

57 minutes ago, jawaani_jaaneman said:

Hehe..its tricky and tough but doable.

Maa oorla Maa ancestral home almost half kulipoindi…but remaining half ni restore chesinam. Chekka doolalu ki walls four corners la concrete pillars esi, doolala mida 4 inch concrete roof, walls ni light ga chekki one layer of limestone tho ne plastering chesinam…could restore some of the old look…

yeah tricky on planning, tough to find some one who can do it and still ensure longevity.

termites ki vepa and naringa extracted oils raasey vaaru ani chepparu oka musalaayana

5 minutes ago, vidhya said:

Logillu antaaremo kada . Inti madhyalo oka square shape lo untundi

Logillu antey inner house, Manduva makes a home a  logillu

1 hour ago, hyperbole said:

Veranada is such an amazing concept, inti madyla veranda which lets natural light in, intloki ragane kallu chestulu kadukoniki kuda ade place use chesevallamu

Architecture ante idha? These kind of constructions are unsustainable.

US/Canada lo g balisi kattukuntunnaru single homes. Asian cities are building denser cities with bigger high rises.

It's environmentally better. Lesser car use, better public transport etc.

Preserving tradition is fine if it's practical and useful. Preservation for the sake of preservation is just another way of allowing ourselves to be limited by our past. 

No tradition is worth mortgaging our future.

2 hours ago, hyperbole said:

so many other countries less developed than ours are preserving and manamu why not  anedi question?

My rant is in hope to make people here give a thought atleast if in future they pursue a farm house or a village house. 

Maname cheyyakapothe inka future generations ela chesthai baa

Kerala another asshole state that is constantly facing landslides because of indiscriminate construction of single homes. 

Worst model for others to follow.

Urbanization must increase, and romantization of the past must be out to rest. 

Sjngle homes must attract higher property tax.

2 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Maname cheyyakapothe inka future generations ela chesthai baa

Cheyyalsina avasaram ledhu

Evadi gen ki tradition vaalla ki thaggattu change cheskuntaaru le

We don't owe anything to our ancestors. Our kids don't owe anything to us.

I expect my kids to join the satanist group. Otherwise I'll be seriously disappointed

• Upvote 1