Calling dell hardware experts

RoadRomeo

I replaced inspiron 5559 broken lcd screen and hinges with new one from ebay by looking at youtube video and made sure everything was done right.

After i gave power to laptop....no dell logo....no beep.....but windows was running.

how to troubleshoot lcd screen, cables.....i couldnt see anything on my new screen.

press and hold fn + D to run diagnostics for screen, it did not work.

tried to enter bios settings....no luck.....

6 minutes ago, WigsandThighs said:

Nee kakruthi la kamandalam..buy new one for 150-200🤷‍♂️

laptop worth ekkuvane

i7 2.6 Ghz 512 8gb inspiron ranges anywhere above 500 dolla

6 minutes ago, RoadRomeo said:

laptop worth ekkuvane

i7 2.6 Ghz 512 8gb inspiron ranges anywhere above 500 dolla

credit card extended warranty perk vaaduko.. many of these big companies write OS to work with OEM parts only.. I might be wrong..

39 minutes ago, RoadRomeo said:

I replaced inspiron 5559 broken lcd screen and hinges with new one from ebay by looking at youtube video and made sure everything was done right.

After i gave power to laptop....no dell logo....no beep.....but windows was running.

how to troubleshoot lcd screen, cables.....i couldnt see anything on my new screen.

38 minutes ago, RoadRomeo said:

press and hold fn + D to run diagnostics for screen, it did not work.

tried to enter bios settings....no luck.....

How are saying that Windows is running ??

2 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

How are saying that Windows is running ??

windows on aina sound vastundhi, keyboard lights lit. 

5 minutes ago, RoadRomeo said:

windows on aina sound vastundhi, keyboard lights lit. 

Ok BTW Windows versions now a days don't give sound like Windows XP used to do during start up... Leaving it aside, check below.

1. Connector cable from LCD Screen to socket where its connected is seated properly.

2. Whether the cable it getting pressed any where by casing while routing it.

3. Open up the casing on back side and before assembling it completely just give a test run if its giving display and you are able to see the POST screen.

4. If no luck then most probably cable could be issue since chances of full LCD screen fault is less, better you might get it exchange for new one from seller..

3 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Ok BTW Windows versions now a days don't give sound like Windows XP used to do during start up... Leaving it aside, check below.

1. Connector cable from LCD Screen to socket where its connected is seated properly.

2. Whether the cable it getting pressed any where by casing while routing it.

3. Open up the casing on back side and before assembling it completely just give a test run if its giving display and you are able to see the POST screen.

4. If no luck then most probably cable could be issue since chances of full LCD screen fault is less, better you might get it exchange for new one from seller..

OK bro

btw its on windows 7 and makes noise. No support for win 7 but still using.

2 minutes ago, RoadRomeo said:

OK bro

btw its on windows 7 and makes noise. No support for win 7 but still using.

I was also using Windows 7 till few months when I used Lenovo T410 laptop for good 10 Yrs, few months back office chaged it to new one and got Windows 10 & Windows 11 ragaane dhaaniki upgrade avuthaa..