Apple employees say the company is cracking down on remote work

Spartan

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

Neeku okka vishayam cheptha. Pelli ayyi small kids unna parents ki wfh was like hell. Akkada kids meedha focus cheyyaleru. Ikkada work meedha cheyyaleru. 

concur...my son was 6 months when pandemic started and it was nice to spend time with him for more than a year...but during meetings its tough to manage.....he plucked almost all keys on my office lappy if i leave him unattended for just 5 mins

13 hours ago, MRI said:

hybrid model hybrid model antaaru.. emundi akkada hybrid model mo.. Fridays not allowed.. migata days lo hybrid antaaru.. idi most of experienced eppudu chesedey kada.. pani vunnappudu office ki velladam!

ikkada edichey modda gaadokadu vundaali.. back to work antey Bay Area traffic anukunta ragaalu teesaadu..

Anna enti ah kopam kattalu techukuntundhi okasari husky ni daggara pettuko.

14 hours ago, Spartan said:

Apple employees say it’s harder than ever to get remote work requests approved after the company rolled out a new hybrid model that will require people to return to the office three days a week starting in early September. Some employees say they will quit if Apple doesn’t change its stance.

While Apple historically discouraged employees from working from home, there were one-off exceptions to the rule, and some teams were more lenient than others. Now, employees say that even those exceptions are being denied. In a company Slack channel where employees advocate for remote work, roughly 10 people said they were resigning due to the hybrid work policy or knew others who’d been forced to quit. The Slack channel currently has more than 6,000 members. 

In a survey on remote work conducted by employees in June, 36.7 percent of respondents said they were worried they’d have to leave Apple due to the lack of flexibility (1,735 people answered the question). 

The return-to-work plan has already been a flashpoint at Apple, where employees wrote a letter in June asking Apple CEO Tim Cook to reevaluate the hybrid model. Deirdre O’Brien, senior vice president of retail and people, sent a video in response saying that in-person collaboration was “essential” and noting the company would not be backing away from its current approach.

Potey pondi Ra antadu apple vaadu

5 hours ago, perugu_vada said:

flu laga aithe parledu .. but the impact it is having currently is more dangerous than flu kada uncle .. 

when flu first started, it was also dangerous like this.

1 hour ago, Vaampire said:

Neeku okka vishayam cheptha. Pelli ayyi small kids unna parents ki wfh was like hell. Akkada kids meedha focus cheyyaleru. Ikkada work meedha cheyyaleru. 

ya.. so come back to work.. we work better from home ani enduku sollu cheptunnaru..

maaku lera adyaksha kids?

1 hour ago, Swatkat said:

Anna enti ah kopam kattalu techukuntundhi okasari husky ni daggara pettuko.

attention ivvalsostundaney friends ni kooda maintain chestunna bro.. vallallo vaallu aadukuntaaru.. hahahaha

employees just cant say no to wfo, they didnt sign any agreement then there is no right for them to act crazy asking wfh forever or to continue, how did they miss this login 

having said that, i'd think wfh is more productive for any, however depends on individual some like work environment some like home environment to work, i'd love to wfh for life given a chance, and i'd be more productive by doing so, i was more productive the last 1.5 year wfh..

i said the same to my IT VP as well, she's like she agreed with me, but my company is laid back old sh1t, they prefer work from office rather wfh for some god known reasons, i even told by wfh i save cube space to company, stationary, light bill, traffic, save on gas, save on time commute to and fro, i can use commute time for work, and can accomplish even more, i said and convinced her with all these points she's like youre right, but she sound like they all like their employeed to get their a$$ses back to work by sept, i was like fuk sh1t.. 

:)