WFH pundits please suggest - two 24" monitors versus 34" ultrawide monitor

vatsayana

Friends,

I am debating weather to get two 24" monitors or one 34" monitor?

I just use this mainly for office work, AFDBing and Youtube videos. I do not use them for gaming.

So, which one you think is better? 2x24" or one 34" monitor?

TIA.

3 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Friends,

I just use this mainly for office work, AFDBing and Youtube videos. I do not use them for gaming.

TIA.

Using Laptop or Desktop... 

Laptop ayithey 34 Inch theesuko inko screen elagu untadi kaabatti... Laptop screen baalekunte 2 monitors better... 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Friends,

TIA.

Depends on the resolution of each

Textual information is better on 1920x1080p than a 4k monitor.  You can fit in more things on 4k screen but definitely not fun to watch those letters so tiny on a 4k monitor. You will end up scaling the display to make things appear a little bigger. An ultrawide display would be better option on a 34" screen.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joker_007 said:

Using Laptop or Desktop... 

Laptop ayithey 34 Inch theesuko inko screen elagu untadi kaabatti... Laptop screen baalekunte 2 monitors better... 

Laptop baa.

just want to connect to monitor and forget about laptop, do not want to see laptop screen

1 minute ago, dewarist said:

Depends on the resolution of each

Textual information is better on 1920x1080p than a 4k monitor. 

not interested in 4k baa (good to have, but not a need) I just want to see text and pictures clearly

Also, in 34" screen, can we do split screen and share only one side of the screen in meetings? I do not want to share the entire screen. is this possible?

in 24" monitors, this is not a problem as I can share only one monitor in meetings.

5 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Also, in 34" screen, can we do split screen and share only one side of the screen in meetings? I do not want to share the entire screen. is this possible?

in 24" monitors, this is not a problem as I can share only one monitor in meetings.

any monitor without 1080p are a pain to share on meetings

i would suggest one 4k/QHD and one 1080 as the combination, you get best of both depending on your task

excel files are great on 4k as you can see more cells, 1080p is good for standard browsing and sharing in meetings

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

As of now , this is not possible
virtual Split aithe cheyochu kaani ( using windows snap feature ) but meetings lo single screen share cheyalem ..

Nenu below 34" inch ultrawide monitor using ..

https://www.dell.com/si/business/p/dell-u3419w-monitor/pd

two laptops connect chesa ( if you know what i mean 😉 )

rendu using side by side in PBP mode and inbuilt KVM helps to switch peripherals between two very easily

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pakeer_saab said:

any monitor without 1080p are a pain to share on meetings

i would suggest one 4k/QHD and one 1080 as the combination, you get best of both depending on your task

excel files are great on 4k as you can see more cells, 1080p is good for standard browsing and sharing in meetings

i think everybody is confusing between pixel density and screen resolution 

ultrawide monitors have 21:9 aspect ratio and is difficult when sharing screens 
this has nothing to do with 4k which is pixel density and come with 16:9 monitors too 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Friends,

TIA.

Dual screen , get one 32 inch main screen and 24 " secondary one . 

Not much difference in price anyway, worthwhile investment .

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Discotek said:

i think everybody is confusing between pixel density and screen resolution 

ultrawide monitors have 21:9 aspect ratio and is difficult when sharing screens 
this has nothing to do with 4k which is pixel density and come with 16:9 monitors too 

true baa.  e electronics lo adi kondam anna pedda confusion. 

34 inch too much big imo , get two 27s or 24s , good for multi tasking , telling based on experience

on the other hand , 34 inch can serve as your own mini tv if you want to watch any TV series etc..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vatsayana said:

Friends,

TIA.

deniki bro gaming kaaaa????