British vs French Colonization

hyperbole

7 minutes ago, reality said:

@ysshakeela, so are you saying, we are better off under British rule? So all this “fight for independence” is a joke?

If that’s the case, I rest my case.

P.S: History books enthano nuvvu esina Wikipedia links kuda anthe. Wikipedia is even worse evadu padithe vadu edit cheyochu…

No no, you haven't understood my point. Indian War of Independence is the greatest fight. But the fighters and sacrificers were not given due credit. Only Chex maniacs like Nehru and Gandhi were given all the credit.

In Kaalapaani jail, thousands of Indians were killed and many records were missing. It was assumed that some lakhs were killed in those jails as shown in Kaalapaani movie, but records existed for only few thousands.

Also 1857 War was the greatest War where lakhs of Indians sacrificed their lives and driven the British out of Indian sub-continent.

And many local leaders, local rebels sacrificed their wealth and families...they were never given any credit at all.

Thats the only thing I repent on.

11 minutes ago, reality said:

@ysshakeela, so are you saying, we are better off under British rule? So all this “fight for independence” is a joke?

If that’s the case, I rest my case.

P.S: History books enthano nuvvu esina Wikipedia links kuda anthe. Wikipedia is even worse evadu padithe vadu edit cheyochu…

We can never confirm this to be right or wrong. But we need to carefully weigh the outcomes of British Rule. By 1947, India had everything set up for a vibrant Democracy in making. Princely States were converted to MP seats and even though initially only the Royal families represented, in the later stages even the pick pocketers in Tirupathi Station like CBN and murders like YSR family could become CMs.

Thats the biggest contribution of British to India.

Also, if you see the rise of Germany from 1876 to 1945, it was always at war with UK and France, the two most powerful countries that time. Europe was busy with wars, blood shed all the way.

It took two World Wars for Europeans to understand the real definition of a single word Peace.

All through from 1757 to 1947, India had at least been shielded by the British, so that unlike Islamic invasions that kept marauding India from 950 AD till the end of Mughals in 1757 (Well infact last Mughal was ended in 1857, they have been simply powerless between 1757 and 1857), Britishers protected India from Islamic invasions.