Visiting Yosemite late oct for a week.. @Locals some advise please!

Vallavan

Just now, Vallavan said:

planning stay for a week in or around yosemite.. whats a good place you can recommend... october lo chali ela untundi bros..

please advise

@kfrockz chari chuskuntadu. Me ooriki vasthunadanta edho doubt anta. 

Reservations are required to enter Yosemite National Park...

Secondly I like the "Curry Village" they are also shared Bathrooms but I felt they are better than Wawona... A nice way to enjoy the tenting in the woods....

If You are up for a Hike try "Vernal Falls Hike", which is a hike in the mist and really one of the best hikes in the park..

2 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Reservations are required to enter Yosemite National Park...

Secondly I like the "Curry Village" they are also shared Bathrooms but I felt they are better than Wawona... A nice way to enjoy the tenting in the woods....

If You are up for a Hike try "Vernal Falls Hike", which is a hike in the mist and really one of the best hikes in the park..

def up for a hike and I am traveling with fam.. and a 6yo.. do you still recommend these places for a few days stay?

how about connectivity bro?

3 minutes ago, Vallavan said:

def up for a hike and I am traveling with fam.. and a 6yo.. do you still recommend these places for a few days stay?

Firstly regarding the Curry Village stay in tents... Kids will definitely enjoy but in October don't forget to book heated tents... Connectivity is good from Curry Village ... its like the center of the park and right below half dome...

6 Old can go but you might have to carry him may be for a 10 min period ... but the final leg of the hike is a little tough as it is in the mist ... But definitely do able if you assist the kid...

There are free busses that go around, but car would be a better option to roam inside the park for better convenience ...

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

Firstly regarding the Curry Village stay in tents... Kids will definitely enjoy but in October don't forget to book heated tents...

6 Old can go but you might have to carry him may be for a 10 min period ... but the final leg of the hike is a little tough as it is in the mist ... But definitely do able if you assist the kid...

There are free busses that go around, but car would be a better option to roam inside the park for better convenience ...

Okay thanks for the info bro!

Def gonna do this. Im planning on staying a few weekdays and working from there as well. is that possible?

1 minute ago, Vallavan said:

Okay thanks for the info bro!

Def gonna do this. Im planning on staying a few weekdays and working from there as well. is that possible?

Curry Village Tents will not have internet... but The visitor center next to it will have net but very limited.. I am not sure if you will be able to work... 

Just be aware that the restaurants close early in the park like 5 or 6... so make sure you have back up for food as you have kids..

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

Curry Village Tents will not have internet... but The visitor center next to it will have net but very limited.. I am not sure if you will be able to work... 

Just be aware that the restaurants close early in the park like 5 or 6... so make sure you have back up for food as you have kids..

sounds good, thanks for the info bro!!

I will probably stay in Mariposa for the weekdays and spend a couple of days in the curry village.

Im planning a week in mariposa/yosemite.. is there anything I can do during the weekdays afternoons as I work in est? 

18 minutes ago, Vallavan said:

Ninnu ah yosemite anchullo vadhileyali. Okasari kindhaki chusthey abba sairam antav

12 minutes ago, Vallavan said:

sounds good, thanks for the info bro!!

I will probably stay in Mariposa for the weekdays and spend a couple of days in the curry village.

Im planning a week in mariposa/yosemite.. is there anything I can do during the weekdays afternoons as I work in est? 

U travelling from bay area?