US: Mohan Gets 2 Years Jail For Covid Loan Fraud

Anta Assamey

US: Mohan Gets 2 Years Jail For Covid Loan Fraud

A 48-year-old Indian-origin tech executive in the US has been sentenced to two years in prison for fraudulently obtaining nearly USD 1.8 million in federal COVID-19 disaster relief loans.

Mukund Mohan of Clyde Hill in Washington state pleaded guilty to charges of wire fraud and money laundering on March 15, the US Department of Justice said.

Mohan, who had past gigs at Microsoft and Amazon, falsified employment documents to fraudulently receive the loans through the government's Paycheck Protection Programme for companies that he purportedly ran.

He applied for USD 5.5 million in loans with falsely altered documents and received about USD 1.8 million before he was arrested in July 2020.

Mohan was sentenced on Tuesday in the Western District of Washington to two years in prison.

According to court documents, Mohan sought more than USD 5.5 million through eight fraudulent disaster loan applications.

In support of the fraudulent loan applications, Mohan submitted fake and altered documents, including fake federal tax filings and altered incorporation documents.

Mohan misrepresented to a lender that, in 2019, his company Mahenjo Inc had dozens of employees and paid millions of dollars in employee wages and payroll taxes, the Justice Department said.

In support of Mahenjo's loan application, Mohan submitted false incorporation documents and tax forms suggesting that the company had been in business before 2020, it said.

In truth, Mohan purchased Mahenjo in May 2020. At the time he purchased the company, it had no employees and no business activity.

The incorporation documents that he submitted to the lender were altered and the federal tax filings he submitted were fake.

Five of Mohan's eight fraudulent loan applications were approved, and he fraudulently obtained nearly USD 1.8 million in COVID-19 relief funds.

In addition to the prison sentence, Mohan was ordered to pay a fine of USD 100,000 and USD 1,786,357 in restitution. 

I know him , not personally but interacted him over phone multiple times regarding Stocks , he is very active in Indian Stock market community ...... in twitter also last year eee news vochinappudu chala mandi fire ayyaru , he told that I did mistakes and I am sorry for that ani cheppadu 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, sri_india said:

I know him , not personally but interacted him over phone multiple times regarding Stocks , he is very active in Indian Stock market community ...... in twitter also last year eee news vochinappudu chala mandi fire ayyaru , he told that I did mistakes and I am sorry for that ani cheppadu 

Neeku chala contacts unnayi ..5gavml.gif

34 minutes ago, sri_india said:

He used those investments in the stock market aa? What is this group called? Is it on Reddit?

45 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

He used those investments in the stock market aa? What is this group called? Is it on Reddit?

ledhu 250K moved to Robinhood but never did trading with that money .... Greed destroy us , he is one of the successful investor from indian community ,he has multi million portfolio and very good at finding growth stocks early , he even invested in BTC before this epic run ....

50 minutes ago, Piracy Raja said:

chala mandhi tesukunnaru ee loans fake documents tho, veedu dorikadu anthe

yeah , even american / mexicans kuda chesaru ani vinna but this is big one .... and get too greedy ,  submitted applications from 8 different fake companies antaaa 

4 minutes ago, sri_india said:

yeah , even american / mexicans kuda chesaru ani vinna but this is big one .... and get too greedy ,  submitted applications from 8 different fake companies antaaa 

ma county lo iddaru brothers dorikaru..Iranians..restaurant fraud claim..2 M

Texas lo uncles mast sampadincharu..  veediki lottery taglindi ante.

41 minutes ago, sri_india said:

ledhu 250K moved to Robinhood but never did trading with that money .... Greed destroy us , he is one of the successful investor from indian community ,he has multi million portfolio and very good at finding growth stocks early , he even invested in BTC before this epic run ....

Where do you communicate