US Open 2021 - official thread

tennisluvrredux

2 hours ago, Ellen said:

Because no Rafa ? 

No. Impressed by Medvedev. And there are a number of single handed backhand players on tour. My fav is Canadian Shapovalov.

I hope Medvedev wins this.

18 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

No. Impressed by Medvedev. And there are a number of single handed backhand players on tour. My fav is Canadian Shapovalov.

I hope Medvedev wins this.

Shapovalov is a thing of beauty, I hope he gets mentally stronger to make his way through the latter stages of the big tournaments. I do think he's a potential future Grand Slam champion. 

Btw, Danii is breathing down Djokovic pretty hard so far this game

On 9/5/2021 at 12:06 AM, JAMBALHOT_RAJA said:

Djokovic gadiki direct 21st grand slam title icheste better 

2 sets down macha, looks like he's already mentally out of this game. 

Not so easy even for someone as invincible as Djoker after such a tough tournament to get this far

3 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Shapovalov is a thing of beauty, I hope he gets mentally stronger to make his way through the latter stages of the big tournaments. I do think he's a potential future Grand Slam champion. 

Btw, Danii is breathing down Djokovic pretty hard so far this game

Never seen someone like Medvedev on a tennis court. Just 2yrs back, he was playing like a clown with his short arm jabs and extended dramatic movement on the court.

He's fine tuned the same clown game into something unique. He reminds me a little bit of Murray, in terms of his touch. 

I'm a fan inspite of how ugly his game is. 

So happy for him

3 hours ago, mirchi_bajji said:

olympics ki break ivvalsindi....too much mental drain

Djokovic is not that good. I mean he's one of the greatest players to have ever played the game, but still he's overrated.

Not as overrated as Federer though

42 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Djokovic is not that good. I mean he's one of the greatest players to have ever played the game, but still he's overrated.

Not as overrated as Federer though

Who is correctly rated according to you ba?

Just now, vachesa said:

Who is correctly rated according to you ba?

Too many casual viewers getting carried away by marketing of some impending great achievement. Feels like being inside a marvel franchise building up to ridiculous  fan fiction ending that's cliche and underwhelming.

If people just chill and watch the game, it's fine. 

Djoko will probably win a career slam next year. Tennis became that sort of a soap opera. May be all sports are.

46 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Too many casual viewers getting carried away by marketing of some impending great achievement. Feels like being inside a marvel franchise building up to ridiculous  fan fiction ending that's cliche and underwhelming.

If people just chill and watch the game, it's fine. 

Djoko will probably win a career slam next year. Tennis became that sort of a soap opera. May be all sports are.

Ah I see

But my question was who according to you is correctly rated and not overrated or underrated?