Chaitanya On Rumours : 'It Was A Little Painful'

Anta Assamey

Chaitanya On Rumours About Split With Samantha: 'It Was A Little Painful'

Actor Naga Chaitanya spoke about how he shuts out the rumours about his personal life while making public appearances and promoting his films at a time when interest in his relationship with wife Samantha Akkineni is dominating the discourse. It has been rumoured in recent weeks that the couple's marriage has hit a rough patch. 

In a recent interview with Baradwaj Rangan for Film Companion South, Naga Chaitanya was asked about how he deals with the fact that his personal life was being referenced in reports of late and that if it was "painful" on a personal level. "Initially, yes, it was a little painful. I was like 'why is entertainment heading this way?' But after that, what I've learned is that in today's age, news replaces news."

Opening up about how he looks at the whole scenario and that one observation which has helped him move on, Naga Chaitanya added: "It doesn't stay in people's minds for too long. The actual news, the news that matters, will stay. But the superficial news, the news that is used to create TRPs, is forgotten. Once I made this observation, it stopped affecting me."

About not responding to rumours, Naga Chaitanya said he likes to keep his personal and professional life completely separate: "I think from a very early time in my career, I sort of kept my personal life personal and my professional life professional. I never mixed the both. I've always had this habit that I learned from my parents as I was growing up, I always noticed once they came home, they never spoke about work. And when they went to work, their personal life was never diluting into work. It was a very nice balance that they maintained, which I always observed."

Chaitanya is promoting his new film, Love Story, co-starring Sai Pallavi. Rumours of his divorce started doing the rounds when Samantha dropped ‘Akkineni’ from her social media accounts and adopted a simple ‘S’. Recently, she told off a journalist for questioning her about the rumours while she was at a temple.

Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya got married in 2017 after dating for years. In terms of work, Samantha will next be seen in Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal and Shaakuntalam. Naga Chaitanya's Love Story releases on Friday.

6 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

society hates males who live on sympathy -- proved over and over again

examples : sumanth chay etc..

to me chay looks exactly opposite. He comes out as confident in life, independent and calm. 

Sumanth falls into the sympathy category

5 minutes ago, summer27 said:

to me chay looks exactly opposite. He comes out as confident in life, independent and calm. 

Sumanth falls into the sympathy category

+1

chay is control freak in reality than sam