One body..two heads...

dasari4kntr

11 minutes ago, k2s said:

Top 30 Abby And Brittany GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Just now, dasari4kntr said:

i really wonder...how philosophical concepts like "mind and body problem"... applies if men have...bicephaly...

exactly..this is what i am talking about...

generally...in "mind and body" problem deals with...mind controls body..? or body controls mind..?

but here...two minds..which controls the body..?

7 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

generally...in "mind and body" problem deals with...mind controls body..? or body controls mind..?

i guess both try to gain control overg body

42 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

34 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

i guess both try to gain control overg body

30 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

yaa..may be...

but need to read more about this...

Mind is not just your brain though, there are a bunch of nerves that receive signals and act accordingly. The brain gets signals from the nerves and act accordingly. If there are two brains,  nerves from each brain are connected to through the spinal cord, which means that both the brains can communicate. 

4 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Mind is not just your brain though, there are a bunch of nerves that receive signals and act accordingly. The brain gets signals from the nerves and act accordingly. If there are two brains,  nerves from each brain are connected to through the spinal cord, which means that both the brains can communicate. 

Which one takes precedence?

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Do you mean to say that they function as one?

I am more familiar with cellular biology than neuroscience, but your body doesn't always function as one. If it did, no one would have any auto immune disorders. I believe that similarly vast neurological disabilities involve the mind and body not functioning as one. 

2 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

I am more familiar with cellular biology than neuroscience, but your body doesn't always function as one. If it did, no one would have any auto immune disorders. I believe that similarly vast neurological disabilities involve the mind and body not functioning as one. 

I am not talking about the mind and body problem. When there are two brains, which one takes precedence? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

I am not talking about the mind and body problem. When there are two brains, which one takes precedence? 

Like I said, I don't think there is something like precedence, it's only response to signal. 

3 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

yaa..i am aware of that..mind is not brain...mind & brain are two different terms..

in fact..brain should be consider as body...(because it is just a muscle..)

...and... mind is the consciousness & collection of thoughts...

now the question is what is consciousness? Consciousness is what you see, smell, hear, taste and think..etc with the help of your "ఇంద్రియాలు"..

so...here both heads...do see things, smell, and taste..etc. , so lets assume there are two conscious es with one body..

you are saying...neurons will help out the two brain communicate each other…then in that case if bicephaly person's one head has mute disability..then other head has blind disability...so both brains can communicate and overcome their disability...?

just a thought...

22 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Like I said, I don't think there is something like precedence, it's only response to signal. 

They will have different personalities and urges though. If one reads Tolstoy and the other reads Jane Austin are you saying that both have read both the books?